Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 2 plugged in are pixelated?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
morgan-clan101
Follower
Follower

I use 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras around the outside of the house.  I always take them down and recharge them when needed.  Recently, I plugged one of them into an outlet to charge continuously while it is still outside.  My hope was to eventually to do this to all of them.  Now some of the videos are pixelated on the one plugged in, but not all of them.  None of the non-plugged in cameras do this.  Not sure what causes it but since none of the other cameras do this and run on just the battery, I guess it is because it is plugged in.  No clue what to do to fix it.  I am getting old and don't want to keep climbing the ladder to retrieve the cameras to charge.  So I thought if I plugged in the charging cable indoors and snaked it though the window to the camera it would work.  Any idea what I am doing wrong or how to fix it?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd first swap cameras around to see what happens. If it remains the same with a different camera, it's your location and/or the power supply. You may need to consider an outdoor power supply anyways for the weatherproofing.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation