Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video play back not working on Iphone

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ShereeK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having trouble with video playback since I downloaded the new Arlo app on my iPhone 11. Live connection and microphone is much slower. Not allowing me to play back videos that are recorded. Is there a fix for this?

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ShereeK

Are you still experiencing this issue? What version of iOS is your iPhone running?

TheBollinger
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having this exact same issue since the latest update.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @TheBollinger

What version of the Arlo app are you using & what phone/OS version are you running?

TheBollinger
Aspirant
Aspirant
App 2.11.1 (1679)
iPhone 7 on iOS 13.2.3
ShereeK
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using iPhone 11 13.2.3

My Arlo started working again just this past Monday (December 2nd). Appears to be working as before.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@TheBollinger

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

TheBollinger
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for asking. So far I’ve tried replacing the batteries on the camera, resetting the application, reinstalling the application, and restarting my phone.

The live video feed from the camera works perfectly fine (I can turn that on and stream no problem), and I receive notifications when a recording is triggered; but if I try to go and view a recorded clip, it’s impossible to select a day and there is no list of recordings underneath any of the days.

My phone’s notification center however shows that the clip has been recorded etc. and the settings in the Arlo app all indicate that they are correct for making such recordings.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@TheBollinger

Can you view/play the recordings from the web portal?

TheBollinger
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, when I log into the web portal, it also shows no recordings. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@TheBollinger

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation