Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Centralized local storage for multiple base stations

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
AreLow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I'm looking into either a Arlo Pro 2 or 3 for my house's CCTV system.

I'm looking to get around 21 cameras with perhaps 3 base stations (1 for each floor).

My home is a 3 storey bungalow with a 8000sqft built-up area.

I have a safe room which i store my valuables and I'm thinking of storing the CCTV recordings in this room.

However the CCTV recordings are inside each base station right?

Is there a way to consolidate those recordings? Assuming if I do not subscribe to the cloud storage.

Thank you

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. Each base is unto itself and can't be consolidated in your scenario. WHat you can do is to download the videos proactively. I have a Python script that can be used on a computer or a NAS (recently discovered this) that can be scheduled to download as needed - by default it downloads yesterday's videos but a bit of scheduling and/or script rewriting can change this behavior. If interested, PM me your email address and let me know which platform you want to use. For the record, my NAS is a Netgear ReadyNAS 314 - a different model or vendor may require you to change the procedure a bit, according the OS and capabilities of the device.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. Each base is unto itself and can't be consolidated in your scenario. WHat you can do is to download the videos proactively. I have a Python script that can be used on a computer or a NAS (recently discovered this) that can be scheduled to download as needed - by default it downloads yesterday's videos but a bit of scheduling and/or script rewriting can change this behavior. If interested, PM me your email address and let me know which platform you want to use. For the record, my NAS is a Netgear ReadyNAS 314 - a different model or vendor may require you to change the procedure a bit, according the OS and capabilities of the device.

AreLow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey jguerdat,

Thank you for replying me again and thanks for the answer.

My house isn't ready yet for another 1.5 years, I'll PM you by then if you're still around to get the Python script.

Thanks again!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation