Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Cannot log in to the new Arlo app. Says "invalid email address." No issue on Arlo Legacy or online.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
bwinters
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't log-in to the new Arlo app.  When I log-in to new Arlo app it says "invalid email address" but it is the only email address on file.  No issues gaining access with Arlo legacy app or online with the email address.  I asked customer service but they were useless.  They told me to reset my password but I can't because it doesn't recognize my email address therefore I can't reset it.  Anyone else have this issue?  Any help is appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the phone and reinstall the app. ANy better?

bwinters
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your recommendation.  Unfortunately it didn't work.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi bwinters,

What phone device are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your phone device to see if that helps?

bwinters
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I'm using my Apple iphone 8 plus.  I've tried reinstalling and rebooting and that didn't help.

2dta
Aspirant
Aspirant
Issue with invalid email, also with support. No added steps except repeating the same, to reboot, uninstall, reinstall, change passwords, etc... have done all combinations multiple times without success. I suggested the agent put my email in to reproduce the error, not login with my email, just fill in to see the same, and she did not. Most likely an issue with the new app in specific restrictions or limitations on email, but has not been fixed. If change occurs and I can no longer see my cameras, I might as well just return them and go to a different product.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey bwinters and 2dta,

Are you able to log in through the web client on your comouter?

bwinters
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I can log in on my computer.

2dta
Aspirant
Aspirant
iPhone X max - No issues in logging in through a browser or legacy app. This is only happening through the new Arlo app for me.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue to see if they can check on your Arlo account. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

cmhallberg
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same exact issues the new app says invalid email address so you can't do anything, but I can log into the portal on my desktop, that is how I am able to write this message. I can no longer see my cameras either.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation