Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video not recorded if Live View activated...sometimes

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SAub
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lately I've noticed that if I activate Live View on a camera while that camera or another should be recording video because it was triggered by motion, audio, or another camera, that the recording is not present in my Library.  This doesn't occur all the time, but it has occurred often enough (3 times) this past week that I've noticed. I don't recall this occurring prior to a week ago. Is this expected behavior?

When I activate Live View I do not press the record button.

An example:

• Motion triggers camera A to record… I got an iPhone notification about the motion.
  • Camera A triggers cameras B & C to record
  • I activate Live View on camera A and watch it for 10 seconds, do not press record, then end it.
  • The video from camera A is missing from my library, but the videos from cameras B & C are present

Another example:

• Motion triggers camera D to record…I got an iPhone notification about the motion
  • Camera D triggers camera E to record
  • I activate Live View on camera D, watch it for a 40 seconds, do not press record, then end it
  • The video from camera D is present in my library, but the video from camera E is not.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAub
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the explanation. Do newer cameras, smart base, smart plan, etc. improve on this as this implementation is not ideal. Given the delay starting Live View and the delay of the Live View video from real time once it starts, often the event that caused the camera to record is no longer in the Live View and without the recorded video there is no record of the event.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know about the second example....

Could be your stopping the rule for the second camera to record so it drops back to a normal armed and records on the trigger camera

but for the first example it's normal.

Anytime you use LIVE View, the video is NOT recorded unless you manually start a record also... this is because Live View over rides the Armed mode.

The only exception I know of is if the video has already started to record from a trigger then sometimes you can start a Live View and it will finish the record even tho you went to Live View... have seen this a number of times but it is now and then, not the norm.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
SAub
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the explanation. Do newer cameras, smart base, smart plan, etc. improve on this as this implementation is not ideal. Given the delay starting Live View and the delay of the Live View video from real time once it starts, often the event that caused the camera to record is no longer in the Live View and without the recorded video there is no record of the event.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation