Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 camera keeps sending notifications

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Arloisjunky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera system is junk. Arlo support is junk! Can't fix either!

15 REPLIES 15
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Kind of harsh for your First post….

maybe if you asked for help and explained issues someone here could help

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Arloisjunky
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is harsh, but so is their tech support.
However, I have one camera that sends 2 notifications a minute continuously till it dies. Even if I have the camera facing a blank spot.
Also have another camera that apparently is constantly on, battery dies in 3 days, brand new batteries, still dies. Now I have so many blind spots, and no support for any of it
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Arloisjunky
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've removed the cameras from the system and re-added. Thats all arlo tech support was able to walk me thru. The base station is up to date on firmware. I have 4 cameras, only 2 operate normally.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have an updated case number I can review?

Arloisjunky
Aspirant
Aspirant
Negative. I can't recall the case number,, I can check my email,, but that will take a whole if its still there..
I was told to take a snap shot of the times, of the camera that sends 2 notifications a minute, and email to the tech. I did, but that was it. Never heard back.. this was a few months ago, since then, my other camera dies every 3 days. The whole system is only about 2 years old, which puts me past my warranty date. And I feel like I have to jump through hoops to get any help without having to call someone again. Not to mention my busy life, I just didn't have the patience or time
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove the camera from Arlo Smart/Deactivate it then add it back to the Active list?

Arloisjunky
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, as I've stated 2 messages ago, I've removed the camera from the system, then re-added
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Yes, I read that step, I am trying to provide additional troubleshooting for you. Did you adjust the Smart notification settings on the Web portal? Settings > Smart Notifications > If it's Active Move to Inactive > Then add back to Active list > test to see if you still receive 2 notifications. I want to see if this triggers the camera on the subscription side of things. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Arloisjunky wrote:
Yes, as I've stated 2 messages ago, I've removed the camera from the system, then re-added

@Arloisjunky  I believe he meant remove cam from the active list in the Smart subscription settings. Not removing them from the system. 

Edit: @ShayneS  we were replying at the same time, didn't mean to repeat. 

Arloisjunky
Aspirant
Aspirant
I didn't know there's a portal. How would I get to this?
dcfox1
Master
Master

my.arlo.com

Also at the top right of this page is a link to it. 

Arloisjunky
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't have that function. Maybe because I don't have a subscription.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arloisjunky wrote:
I don't have that function. Maybe because I don't have a subscription.

Yes you do, it is not tied to a subscription.  You browse to https://my.arlo.com in your PC web browser and enter your Arlo account information.  If you don't have 2FA enabled, you'll need to enable it first (and then authorize the login from your phone).

Arloisjunky
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will try that.
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation