Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Tgirl07
Guide
Guide
I have look on this forum and I'm having the same problems like the rest of you guys and gals.

I bought 3 more Arlo pro 2 last year when I found out that the latest Arlo model you have to buy a subscription for it. So I got total 4 cameras.

I have Arlo pro 2, I notice for awhile it's has become so pixelated that I can't see people faces anymore. The trees and grass look so blurring looking.

Went back to an old video I downloaded last year and the bite rate was around 850k. Now is only 350k-450k.
Now you have to buy subscription to view it back to what is was last year or if you don't the bit rates drop.

I would have never bought Arlo if I knew it was going to be a subscription base into the future. I would had look at another company.

Now that I learn people have subscription still don't have clear picture for Arlo pro 2. What's the point having a camera and all you see a pictures of blob on screen.
5 REPLIES 5
Tgirl07
Guide
Guide
Oh I went way back to my old camera Arlo pro that's now broken , a video I downloaded couple years ago is at 1.5 mb bit rate.
Is clearer than Arlo pro 2.
I thought it was my imagination but is not. Arlo pro 2 is getting worse and worse.
alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same thing happened to me, with a very noticeable change around June 1.  Picture noticeably more blurry on all cameras, can't read a license plate unless you hold it less than 10 feet in front of the camera (used to be much better).  And I'm even on Arlo Smart, which is supposed to give a better quality picture on the Pro and Pro 2 cameras.  Very frustrating.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Smart has never been advertised for better video quality.

Try bringing a camera closer to the base for testing to see if the video quality improves.

alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the tip, but Arlo actually does claim better Pro and Pro 2 bitrates with a paid plan:

https://kb.arlo.com/1179147/How-do-I-get-better-picture-quality-from-my-Arlo-camera

To quote the kb: "Your Arlo Wire-Free, Pro, and Pro 2 camera’s bitrate is reduced if you do not have an Arlo Smart plan. To increase the bitrate on these camera models, you must add the cameras to an Arlo Smart plan."  This was one reason I subscribed.

I did see a bitrate increase when I enrolled in Arlo Smart, with a slight improvement in video quality.  But, the video on all five cameras degraded simultaneously around June 1.  I have three bars signal strength on all but one camera, which has two bars.  Pretty sure something changed on Arlo's end again (it's happened before).

I appreciate the suggestions.

Pe4ivko
Guide
Guide
Arlo have answer for you: buy new cameras...it is only one explanation why they reduce quality on older cameras
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation