Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC4030P Pro 2 setup will not send alerts to friend

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Intheswamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I putt the Arlo app on my wife's iPhone8+.  She can view live and recorded videos and the red number that pops up on the Library icon designating new videos appears.  BUT...she doesn't get any type of tone alert or banner or whatever...nothing that lets her know there is new motion detected (other than if she happens to open the app and see the red numbers).  I've looked at all the settings and they appear correct.  With both phones sitting side-by-side my iPhone will alert me with a tone and banner alert if motion is detected but her's will not.  Interestingly, if I select to mute the alerts for one of the amounts of times the Arlo system will alert her iPhone with both tone and banner.  Does anybody know how to get it to where her phone will notify her with the tone and banner alerts?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Intheswamp wrote:

I've looked at all the settings and they appear correct. 

What settings did you check? 

Did you look at the general iOS settings (scrolling down to the Arlo app, and making sure that notifications are enabled)?

Did you select Allow Access Rights on her account?

One test you could do is use your account credentials on her phone, and see if that changes anything.  (I doubt it will, but it is easy to try and would be informative).

Intheswamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had her phone and my phone laying side-by-side and went and compared options...they are the same.

Notifications are enabled.  Remember, when I "Mute" notifications it instantly notifies her phone that alerts have been muted.

Her access rights are "Granted Administrative Rights".  All cameras and the network have a check beside them.

I'll try using my credentials to log into her phone with and see what happens.

A couple of other notes...  I rebooted her phone a couple of times last night hoping that might do it, but no joy.  This has been a problem for a while (couple of months?).  Alerts worked initially after the system was installed but stopped working shortly thereafter. 

And, again, I'll point out that the app knows when it receives a motion alert...it updates the red number that shows up over the Library icon...but there's no sound or drop-down banner presented to alert her.  She only knows there was an alert if she literally has the app  opened and is looking at it when the number appears or changes.   Since she's not to sitting there staring at the app all the time a major part of the functionality of the system is, for now, quiet useless for half of our household. 😞

Intheswamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting, but my wife's phone has started receiving alerts once again.  I guess that last night while flipping options  back and forth something "clicked".  Strange.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation