Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How often does your Arlo's base station's middle Internet light goes off even though it still works?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I notice this once in a while, the old Arlo (original and Pro 2)'s their base stations' middle Internet lights go off (never turn on anymore to blink). https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean says it is not connected to the router, but it is AND is working. Unplugging its network cable to see iOS app says offline and then reconnecting to make it go back online doesn't change its light status I have to power cycle / reboot it to fix it so I can get its blinking light status.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
If the base is still working with the arlo App then it’s possible that the software within the base has locked out the led status indicator.
As power cycling the base resolves it then suggest you regularly continue this action while arlo fixes it.

Visit their support site link at the bottom of this page to report the issue.
ant
Mentor
Mentor
Dannybear
Master
Master
Yes I have previously observed the behaviour as described and power cycled the base to resolve it.

I have a smart switch on both my base stations and externally powered cameras with daily scheduled power cycling events so I don’t see the issue very often.

I doubt that it would be very high on Arlo’s hit list as they have many other issues to try and fix.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation