Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4500 base station offline after update 1.14.0.2_2777

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jack19
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the latest firmware update, the base station amber color led keep blinking. And all camera not functioning.

Ethernet is working fine.

Using wifi analyser apps, I noticed that the base was not boardcasting wifi signal at all.

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jack19

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Jack19
Aspirant
Aspirant
Issues solved.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jack19

That is good news, let me know if you have any other questions.

Grizle
Tutor
Tutor
I have just bought the VMB4500 version on the pro2 today and we cannot connect cameras at all. Curious to know what you did to resolve the issue, otherwise I'll be returning unit to the store.
Jack19
Aspirant
Aspirant
Previously, I reset my base and it took quite a while to wait until it is back to normal.

Below are procedures emailed from Arlo support. You can try, it may help.

1. Unplug the Ethernet cable from the base station and router.
2. Unplug the modem, router and base station from power source and wait for 2 minutes.

3.• Remove Camera From Account:
a. Login to your account.
b. Go to settings. Click my devices. Select the Base station .
c. Hit remove device button.

4. After 2 minutes, plug back in the modem and router only to power and wait for 3-5 minutes to allow the modem and router to stabilize.
5. Once internet connection is working fine on your router, please plug back in the base station to power.
6. While the base station is rebooting, press and hold the reset button at the back of the base station for 1 minute.
7. After resetting the base station, connect the Ethernet cable to the base station and router.
8. Wait for 5 minutes to allow the base station to communicate to the router.
9. Wait until you have a solim amber on the base station
10. Go to DEVICES > ADD DEVICE > Select Arlo Base Station.
11. Once Serial Number is detected, rename it and click "Continue"

12. Sync camera.
a. Press the sync button on the base station, just once then release. The 3rd LED from the left will flash green.
b. Press sync button on the camera, just once then release. A blue LED will blink blue slowly then rapidly.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Grizle

Are you still experiencing this issue?

If you are,  What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Grizle
Tutor
Tutor

As it was brand new I returned it to the store for a replacement, waiting for a new one to come in.  Fingers crossed the next one won’t have the same issues.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Grizle

Keep me in the loop & I will be here to assist you if you have any further questions/issues.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation