Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000r3 - Weird Behavior. Base Station goes offline after purchasing Smart Plan?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jemima
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased 3x Arlo Pro2 Cameras and an Arlo Pro2 Base Station in 2017. Never had any issues with functionality, all good. A year ago, I purchase a new Arlo Pro3 Camera, hooked it to the Base Station and again, no issues.

Last month, out of curiosity I decided to purchase a Smart Plan Subscription for my Arlo Pro3. And then the fun (HEADACHE) began. Now,  periodically the Base Station goes off-line and I have to spend hours, pluggin/unplugging  cables, removing, re-installing and re-synchronising the cameras. In addition, occasionally although I receive notifications, however the videos don’t show up in Library.🙄

All this drama started within 24 hours after I took out the subscription service!!  Woke up the following day and the Base Station had gone offline. Trying not to link those issues together but as I’ve said, I’ve never had any connectivity problems since I purchased the system. (Should’ve left things as they were😉)

Anyone else experienced this?🤔

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you select the 3 dot menu for a post you can report inappropriate behavior. I just did this but any user can do this.

First off, when "offline", what are the LEDs on the base showing? If all are green, it's operating normally and it's probably a display issue. Have you force closed the app and then reopened it to see if that helps? Have you tried the web client? Have you canceled the subscription to see what happens? Have you tried using a USB drive in the base to see if anything is recorded that's not in the cloud?

Jemima
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the Base Station and re-installed it, then all the cameras, then resynchronised everything and all working again now. LEDSs are always all green when I get the “base station offline message” then it stops recording.

I’ve  actually deleted the App and reinstalled a fresh copy. But I’ll try your other suggestions next time. The puzzling bit to me is why would all this mess start happening within 24hrs of taking out a Plan for the Pro3??? All was working fine, I purchased  the Plan and something was done in the backend to activate it I assume. Woke up and fun (not) started. 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation