Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ASB2121
Guide
Guide

Have an VMB4000 base station. I have 4 cameras that stopped working I'm guessing that it's an EOL issue

that they notified me about. Do I buy a complete new system or just the camera's?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What are the LEDs showing on the base station?

what model cameras do you have?

had the equipment stopped working a few days ago when arlo had problems with the vmb4000 Base station going offline for several hours?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, no camera has been disabled. The EOL stuff is about no more firmware updates and no guarantees of future hardware/software supporting them. For now, they continue to work as before.

ASB2121
Guide
Guide

Middle light on base station is not illuminated only the outer two. Reset does nothing, unplugging does nothing and removing and repairing does nothing?

The system has worked flawlessly since I purchased it.

ASB2121
Guide
Guide

Arlo Pro cameras. The middle light is not illuminated only the outer two. Reset does nothing, unplugging does nothing and removing and re pairing does nothing?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The central led is referred to as the base internet connection.

If it not illuminated it suggests that the base has lost connection to your local network router modem.

Start by checking the Ethernet cable and connectors between the base and network router.

try power cycling the network router modem, wait 15mins then power cycle the arlo base and wait again.

ASB2121
Guide
Guide

Solved the issue. Thanks for your help .

ASB2121
Guide
Guide

Since Arlo will EOl firmware what equipment do I upgrade

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The arlo pro camera has been chosen by arlo to be EOL come July 2023.

Security updates will be continued until July 2024.

The free 7days cloud storage is said to be continued.

Refer to the EOL policy document link at the head of this forum for further details.

The cameras are expected only to be impacted. Any upgrades to latest series cameras do incur a subscription plan requirement for cloud storage.

NadLD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have had the exact same problem where my devices came offline on 30th May, while they worked well until then. I used my Arlo app to troubleshoot. The LEDs on the Arlo Hub were green, except the one in the middle which was off. The troubleshoot said my devices were offline and I followed all the steps stated in all the different scenarios but none of them worked.

I have been trying since and no success. The last resort in the troubleshoooting advice was to remove my devices and add them again. 

I removed my devices via the Arlo app but now I cannot add them again.

On the Arlo hub, the LED on the left is green, the one is the middle is offline and the LED on the right is Amber.

Could you please advise how to proceed further?

If I had known that I needed to wait for 15 minutes between the cycle powers, it may have helped but this info was not stated on the Arlo app troubleshooting steps.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The middle LED being off means there's no connection to the router. This could be a failure of the base, the port on the base or router or the cable itself (and whether the cable is fully seated on both ends). Try a different device (laptop?) using the cable and same router port to verify that works. You could also try rebooting the router and base, in that order. Finally, while unlikely, it may be a setting in the router (MAC filtering, for instance) that prevents the base from being connected.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NadLD wrote:

The LEDs on the Arlo Hub were green, except the one in the middle which was off.

Which means the base isn't sensing the ethernet connection.

Have you checked that the ethernet connectors are correctly seated on both the hub and your router?   

You might also try a different port on the router, and/or a different cable.

NadLD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot jguerdat.

I tried them all (except the MAC filtering thing as I don't know how to do that) and still not working.

NadLD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi StephenB,

Thanks a lot. I have tried but still not working. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NadLD wrote:

I have tried but still not working. 

Do you have another device that uses ethernet?  If you do, you can make sure the router LAN ports are working.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation