Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
deeds
Aspirant
Aspirant

I conducted a firmware update on my VMB400 base station after being prompted in the Arlo Secure app. The firmware updated and now the unit is in an endless boot loop. Unplugging power and reset button are ineffective. I've used this base station and cameras for years with no issue. There are no network connectivity issues with my internet.

I have tried the chat support but was refused a connection to a live agent for assistance. The bot recommended posting here. What support will Arlo provide for forcing a firmware update that bricked by unit?

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If you use a paper clip to hold in the reset button at the rear of the base for longer than 10sec, will the base station LEDs begin to flash amber then settle down with the camera led showing steady amber which indicates the base has been successfully factory reset and the base is now ready to be claimed by the account?

deeds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Negative. Reset button is ineffective. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have a subscription, use it to open a case. If not, purchase a single camera sub so you can do this. It sounds like the base is faulty and this is the only way you can possibly get it replaced (as long as it's within the warranty period).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation