Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3500 Base Station doesn't connect to Internet. Shows 2 orange LED lights.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Klein-kerstin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

my Station have a green and two orange lights. It is connested to Fritz box but have no Internet. I have connected and re connected severat times, I resetted it complete but the ligt won´t turn to green. Due to that the arlo app cannot find the Station. Do you have any further ideas? Br Kerstin

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The amber Internet LED indicates that the base has an IP address but it can't connect to the servers. That's usually a router security setting - make sure ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.com are open. Is the router owned by you or the ISP?

Klein-kerstin
Aspirant
Aspirant
The router is mine, I already talked to the support of the router, too. There is no problem on that side, have checked the router completely. The ports are installed as you mentioned but the lamp is still amber.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that the base is having an issue. Have you rebooted both the router and base, in that order? I know you say you reset the base but how did you do that? Try removing all devices from Settings, My Devices (if any) and start fresh. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and let the base reboot to see if the Internet LED turns green. Try a different port on the router and a different cable. Use a computer (or a phone ping app) to see if you can ping arlo.com. Be sure to disable any VPNs that may be in use.

Some ISPs have blocked access to sites including Arlo in the past so it could be an ISP problem. If you have a friend nearby that has a different ISP/router to see if you can set it up there.

If all fails, swap at the store to see if a new base works or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

minnesippi
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you are running wireless anything in your home - check your WiFi frequencies.

My husband just discovered ours running on the same Wi-Fi frequency as other things, preventing the hub from connecting and flashing an amber light no matter what we did. Reset everything, unplugged, uninstalled, factory reset - everything. He is in the process of changing the frequencies so they don't over lap. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

He was unable to find anything on Arlo site about what Wi-Fi frequency anything ran on so had to do more trouble shooting to figure it out on his own.

Hope that helps.

Klein-kerstin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ping ist working well, so I don't know what I should do now.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If possible, take the base to a friend's house and try to claim it there.

fireguy097
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem with my previous Arlo system. Took it back to Best Buy (buy the protection plan btw!).  They gave me a new camera system and that connection problem was resolved but now my cameras will record but do not display in the library.  Too many bugs and issues for the pricing and length of time these cameras have been on the market.  Sad to say I am going to another brand and taking these back.  

minnesippi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do you have SD cards in the cameras or a flash drive in the base station? One or the other is needed in order for it to record and save in the library.
fireguy097
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes the base station has external storage that has been formatted and still does not save the recordings. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation