Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using VMA1300 for plaster ceiling mount

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KCJ78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I just bought the 4 units Arlo Pro 2 and I used the VMA1300 wall mount on the plaster ceiling mount. I am fine with the camera angle but wondering whether the screw and the plastic drywall anchor can hold the camera in long term on my plaster ceiling. I know I should use the VMA1100 for ceiling mount but I mounted the VMA1300 before I realised it. Hope someone with similar set up can share their experience. 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As long as you used the appropriate drill bit to create the hold in the drywall and the screw supplied or a similarly sized one there should be no problem. The screw expands the anchor to help fix it securely.  If uncomfortable, just monitor the mount over time as you take the camera down for recharging to see if the mount has loosened.  If you choose to use the other mount, I would think you'd be able to use the existing anchor for the new mount, too.

Edit: Be sure to remove the camera by simply pulling down, not by twisting. The twisting motion may cause an issue over time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As long as you used the appropriate drill bit to create the hold in the drywall and the screw supplied or a similarly sized one there should be no problem. The screw expands the anchor to help fix it securely.  If uncomfortable, just monitor the mount over time as you take the camera down for recharging to see if the mount has loosened.  If you choose to use the other mount, I would think you'd be able to use the existing anchor for the new mount, too.

Edit: Be sure to remove the camera by simply pulling down, not by twisting. The twisting motion may cause an issue over time.

KCJ78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice. Will surely do it whenever change the battery. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation