Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Use Surface Go 2 to use File Management to download/manage video files. Will it work under 2FA?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mitch_i
Guide
Guide

(1) I have an Arlo Pro 2 (VMS4430), and I notice that in article 000062288  -- https://kb.arlo.com/000062288/What-is-two-step-verification-and-how-do-I-set-it-up -- my model is not listed for two-step verification.  Can I assume that my system is included in this announcement anyway?

(2) I currently use an iPad  upstairs and a Windows PC downstairs to monitor the cameras, so you can see how two-step verification will cause me great inconvenience. I'm thinking about solving the problem by buying a Microsoft Surface Go 2 (running Windows Home) to replace both of my current devices. This would allow me portability and also Windows file management to download and manage the video files. Would that work under two-step verification?

(3) Assuming it works, how can I decommission the current devices, that is, remove them so I can get a fresh start with the Surface?

Thanks very much.

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mitch_i,

Two-Step Verification is required for all Arlo accounts. For further assistance with two-step verification, I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

mitch_i
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the suggestion. The live chat representative was very helpful.

The bottom line is that on Sep. 30 my workflow will stop working. Windows PCs can't be set up as trusted devices, since there's no Arlo app in the Microsoft Store. I'll need to buy a new tablet (iPad Pro or Android) to download, rename, and transfer the video files to my Windows PC.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation