Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FrustratedPhil
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since updating my iPhone with the new app, the camera devices will not connect to the base station. I have tried to find the new app in the App Store to load on my laptop but it does not appear to be there. I get an alert on my phone when the cameras are triggered by motion but there is no picture and the devices will not connect to the base station. When I try to connect to the camera devices I get a statement that the base station is offline. I have restarted and resynced the devices. The green lights on the base station work and the battery status of the cameras show up but not any pictures.

When I called the Help line, I was number 28 in line. 20 minutes later I was number 22. This is the most frustrating update I have experienced with any program I have used. Did I miss an instruction on how to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FrustratedPhil
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem is solved but I am not sure why! I did delete the app and reload it on my iPhone, restart the base station and even pull the batteries on the cameras and reinstall them. None of that worked and since I was getting motion alerts and device status but not pictures and could see the internet activity lights blinking on the Arlo base station, my Asus router and my internet cable router/modem, I didn't think there was a problem there. However, just to cover all bases, I unplugged the Arlo base station cable from the ASUS router that I have been using since I installed the original Arlo program and plugged the cable directly into the cable modem. I now have video from the camera on both my iPhone and laptop. Not sure what happened but think that during installation of the new app something was lost between the base station and the Internet. In any case, everything is back up and I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Phil

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi FrustratedPhil,

We want to let you know that the Arlo app is only available for iOS devices and Android devices. If you are trying to access your Arlo system through your computer, you can just use the link here: http://my.arlo.com.

When you mention that you don't see any picture, are you referring to your live stream or library playback clips?

FrustratedPhil
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jessica, neither library nor real time pictures. There is a still picture for each camera from several days ago that does not change. If I log in on my laptop and try to activate a camera I get the following: "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server".  If I try to activate via my iPhone, I get the spinning wheel with the word "connecting" for several minutes then the following message: "The device failed to connect. Please try again." I get the same results if I try again and it is the same no matter which camera I try. I have turned off the base station, disconnected the power source, reconnected and restarted it and "resynced" the cameras but get the same thing. The system was working as advertised until I loaded the new app on my iPhone and deleted Arlo Legacy.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is this also happening through the web client on your account? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your iPhone to see if that helps?

FrustratedPhil
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem is solved but I am not sure why! I did delete the app and reload it on my iPhone, restart the base station and even pull the batteries on the cameras and reinstall them. None of that worked and since I was getting motion alerts and device status but not pictures and could see the internet activity lights blinking on the Arlo base station, my Asus router and my internet cable router/modem, I didn't think there was a problem there. However, just to cover all bases, I unplugged the Arlo base station cable from the ASUS router that I have been using since I installed the original Arlo program and plugged the cable directly into the cable modem. I now have video from the camera on both my iPhone and laptop. Not sure what happened but think that during installation of the new app something was lost between the base station and the Internet. In any case, everything is back up and I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Phil

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation