Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
thaug29
Guide
Guide

When setting up Geotracking I am unable to select Schedule Mode when home, it keeps switching to Disarm.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thaug29
Guide
Guide

I just got off the phone with netgear and found that there is a problem with Geofencing working when your device name has any puncuation in the name. I had ' in my phones name and it was keeping Geofencing from working so I renamed my phone without puncuation. Now when I go to the mode screen Geofencing is now selected and if I select the pencil all my information is now there.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you populated your schedule with your recording modes already?

thaug29
Guide
Guide

I have set up the Schedule and that is what I am using but I wanted to use Geofencing with Schedule so I don't have to keep disarming when I'm home and then schedule when away. 

thaug29
Guide
Guide

I have that wrong, i want to have it Armed when away and set to Schedual when home but when using Geofencing it goes from armed to disarmed. Schedual is setup with cameras on when sleeping.  

steve_t
Master Master
Master

OK, cool. So when you edit the Geofencing mode from your mobile and scroll down to Select Mode, you set Away Mode to Armed. Is it that you can't seem to set Home Mode to Schedule?

thaug29
Guide
Guide

Ok so when setting up geofencing I select armed when away and schedule when home.  I finish setting it up and save, then I look at mode and watchfrontdoor is selected which is one of my modes and would be active at the time I look if schedule were selected. Shouldn't geofencing or schedule be selected?  If I then hit pencil under geofencing there is nothing there as if I did not just set it up.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

No, when you're in schedule mode, the mode displayed will be the one that is scheduled to run. It won't say Schedule

thaug29
Guide
Guide

So does anyone have an idea on how to get Geofencing to work? Even if I set up Geofencing with Armed when away and Disamed when home and then I hit Finish I can see Geofencing selected and then it switches to WatchFrontDoor which is a Created Mode. My phone is setup with Location Services On and Wi-Fi On.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Geofencing is the same. If you're at home, the mode displayed will say WatchFrontDoor. If you're away from home, it will say whichever mode is applicable to the schedule

thaug29
Guide
Guide

I don't think geofencing is working because Schedule is set to watch front door from 6am to 6pm and to watch back yard from 6pm to 6am and mode always says watching front door no matter what time it is. Also was is there never anything under Geofencing when I select the pencil to edit Geofencing.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Geofencing must be working since it's using one of the modes from the schedule instead of armed. If it says watchfrontdoor instead of watchbackyard at it's after 6pm, first force quit and restart your app and see what the mode is again. If not, it's the schedule that isn't working, not the geofencing part

thaug29
Guide
Guide

I just got off the phone with netgear and found that there is a problem with Geofencing working when your device name has any puncuation in the name. I had ' in my phones name and it was keeping Geofencing from working so I renamed my phone without puncuation. Now when I go to the mode screen Geofencing is now selected and if I select the pencil all my information is now there.

thaug29
Guide
Guide

Tanks for your help steve_t but I knew there was some kind of bug in Geofencing.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation