Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot log into main account " NetGear account but no Arlo products associated with it"

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nettieru
Aspirant
Aspirant

We could not access the main account through "My Arlo".  Message stated user name or password incorrect.  Reset the password, followed the links and received a message that stated something like NetGear account but no Arlo products associated with it.  The system is working - we are getting the email notifications with access to the vidoes via email and family members that were granted access can sign in and see the library/cameras.

How do we regain access via the main account.  Seems like the NetGear login was reset?  This happened around 11/21 or 11/22 - before the noted system problems.  We prefer to not have to go through the process to re set up the system.

Thanks for the assistence.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nettieru
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

Thank you for responding.  Yes, after speaking with Tech support, we noticed the email address in the profile had been changed.  Tech Support sugguested we reset up the system.  Since the main user is not tech savoy and not near by, I was able to set up an email account to match what was in the profile instead.  We are back up and running!  I am so glad we have this system.    

Thank you,

Nettieru  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
<p>I've never tried accessing Arlo through my.netgear.com. I would think that's the issue - using the wrong URL. Use this instead:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="https://arlo.netgear.com" target="_blank">https://arlo.netgear.com</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Edit: Oops.&nbsp; Read your post wrong. You're trying to use the My Arlo link which is working here. You may need to open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.</p>
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nettieru,

Are you sure you're using the correct email address to log in to your Arlo account? It sounds like you may be attempting to use a different email address.

JamesC

Nettieru
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

Thank you for responding.  Yes, after speaking with Tech support, we noticed the email address in the profile had been changed.  Tech Support sugguested we reset up the system.  Since the main user is not tech savoy and not near by, I was able to set up an email account to match what was in the profile instead.  We are back up and running!  I am so glad we have this system.    

Thank you,

Nettieru  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation