Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to mute movement notifications on Arlo app but still receiving battery life notifications

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sabrina326
Aspirant
Aspirant

The old application allowed me to mute all movement notifications (indefinitely, not for only 24 hours), but still receive battery life emails. This is very important for  customers who use these cameras as nanny cams. There is ALWAYS motion in my house and I don't want notifications blowing up my phone every 5 seconds, but it's very important that I know when the batteries are low so I can charge the cameras. I spoke to customer service and they said the only option is to go into the app every single day and mute notifications  for 24 hours. This is a major miss and I'm guessing a huge problem for many Arlo customers. Please fix this ASAP. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sabrina326 wrote:

I think I figured out how to create the mode ... so do I have to do that for each individual camera? 

Yes.  The mode should look like Armed - a rule for every camera, with recording (assuming you want that).  Just don't check either notification option in any of the rules.

Note you could tune this - for instance, you could set it up to still send notifications from some cameras, but not others.  For instance if you have a camera in the garage, you might still want notifications (assuming the kids wouldn't normally be in there).

Note that you can also set up a schedule (both for notifications and for recordings).

@Sabrina326 wrote:

Also, do I have to go back to the App and turn notifications on in general now to get the low battery life emails?

Yes.  The app would needs to receive the notifications (otherwise you would miss the low battery).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sabrina326 wrote:

The old application allowed me to mute all movement notifications (indefinitely, not for only 24 hours), but still receive battery life emails. ...  I spoke to customer service and they said the only option is to go into the app every single day and mute notifications  for 24 hours.

There is another way if you never want notifications from motion.  Create a custom mode that makes the recordings, but doesn't notify then motion is triggered.

Sabrina326
Aspirant
Aspirant

THANK YOU! How do I do that?? I literally am getting 1000 notifications a day and all I want to know is when the battery is  low!

Sabrina326
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I figured out how to create the mode ... so do I have to do that for each individual camera? Also, do I have to go back to the App and turn notifications on in general now to get the low battery life emails? I didn't see any options for notifications in the custom mode set up except about movement notifications (which I don't want via email or through the app) 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sabrina326 wrote:

I think I figured out how to create the mode ... so do I have to do that for each individual camera? 

Yes.  The mode should look like Armed - a rule for every camera, with recording (assuming you want that).  Just don't check either notification option in any of the rules.

Note you could tune this - for instance, you could set it up to still send notifications from some cameras, but not others.  For instance if you have a camera in the garage, you might still want notifications (assuming the kids wouldn't normally be in there).

Note that you can also set up a schedule (both for notifications and for recordings).

@Sabrina326 wrote:

Also, do I have to go back to the App and turn notifications on in general now to get the low battery life emails?

Yes.  The app would needs to receive the notifications (otherwise you would miss the low battery).

Sabrina326
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last question, hopefully - how do I go about setting the schedule like you said? I don't see that  option when creating the mode - is it somewhere else in the App?

lite1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Sabrina326 

Sabrina326 

Aspirant

Last question, hopefully - how do I go about setting the schedule like you said? I don't see that  option when creating the mode - is it somewhere else in the App?

Frist follow what Stephen B wrote and you discovered to create your Custom Mode. Then in the Mode area of the App you click on Schedule. With manage by Schedule you can then "insert" into your weekly calendar when a particular Mode (including the custom mode that you created) is then the Active mode being used.

I am a newbie, and expect that I will have several major custom modes and each might have variations so I am finding that having a logical naming scheme for my Custom Modes will make it easier to manage e.g. I have set certain std abbreviations for the mode title so that I can see from the abbreviation whether it is only motion, only sound, or both for detection; whether notifications are to be sent; what the sensitivity level is. That way I do NOT need to edit the custom mode in order to know what it is supposed to be doing.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation