Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to find Base Station on Arlo app. Was working for over a year. Tried reset and erasing.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pablocro14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone, first of all I´m not an english native speaker so I hope you may forgive my grammar errors. I will try to explain my issue the best I can. So I´ve had the Arlo Basestation connected with 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras for over a year now, everything hooked up to a Amplifi HD Unifi mesh wi fi router, everything was fine for more than a year, and suddenly one day the basestation was shown as "disconnected" on the arlo app, I couldn´t control any of the cameras nor access the video files anymore, I´ve tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING, factory reset, I´ve erase all the devices, try to start over all the procedure from fresh, and nothing, the station itself shows the two lights from left to right in green, and the "camera light" in amber, but when I try to find a new device on the Arlo app the thing keep spinning until it says the couldn´t find anything, the funny thing is that I brought the station to the house of a friend of mine, I plugged the ethernet cable with my friend´s router and I was able to find the station inmediately, so obviously the problem is with my router. The conclusion that I´ve arrived is that some new update wheter from the router or the station has cut the communication between the two devices, and right now I do not know what to do...if anyone could help it would be lifesaver for me, is pretty scary right now to feel myself without the surveillance cameras. Thanks a lot to all.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since your system worked on another network, your router (or ISP) is your problem. Who owns your router - you or your ISP? Is the same ISP providing Internet access at your friend's house? ANything that may be the owned or configured by the ISP has to be handled by them.

If you own the router, it may be fastest to factory reset the router and reconfigure it as you need (WiFi settings, etc.).

pablocro14
Aspirant
Aspirant

I own the router, is a Unifi Amplifi HD mesh router, the same ISP is providing internet at my friend´s house, but the router that he owns is another kind, I´ve already tried that, facto reset of both the router and the basestation and nothing works...the funny thing is that on the list of connected devices wich are shown by the router´s app the arlo is displayed as connected, and I can also see it as available on my iPhone in the homekit app, but somehow I´m unable to "communicate" with it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try the Contact Support link at the bottom here - maybe they've heard of this before.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation