Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to active 5th camera after removing cam

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Downloadable
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Arlo Pro 2 system with 5 cameras. After dealing with the nasty battery drain conundrum, which has kept my cameras down for a bit, I was testing an original Arlo cam with my base station. After restoring my 5 Arlo Pro 2 cams, I had to remove the original cam from the system, but I can’t add my 5th Arlo Pro 2 cam Back. I suspect the backend still sees the original Arlo cam as the 5th even though it was just removed. My Arlo pro 2 cam is stuck at “Your device is inactive. Activate the device to see it here.” After I hit activate, it takes me to a subscription page. I need help reactivating the 5th Arlo Pro 2 cam back to my account.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can actually have >5 cameras on the free plan at once but will only be able to use 5. One or more cameras will be inactive. It may depend on whether you're using the app (which one?) or the web site. There at least used to be a spot in Settings where you slide cameras to be (de)activated in that case. I don't find it now but then I don't have this situation.

Go through the whole settings section to see if you can find it.

Downloadable
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks- I will definitely check this out a bit later when I return home. Thanks for the tip.
Downloadable
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately, this does not seem to work. When attempting to activate the device From the web, I get the same issue.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here. I got nuttin'...

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation