Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice

The new version of the app has made it impossible to manage activity zones. Nowhere is there an ability to refresh the image to create the zones properly, nor does it automatically update when you go into the configuration. Alod, deleting an incorrectly created zone. There is no option for that either. While the interface might look a little prettier, basic functionality has been taken away.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catfarts
Guide
Guide
Hey guys, I just figured it out:
Go to device settings->device utilities->camera positioning.
Pretty sure that’s what did it for me, but I did also perform the motion detector test right afterwards. So if the positioning doesn’t do it alone, then do them both.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice
OK. Apparently swiping allows delete of an old Activity Zone in the new app. That's not really intuitive compared to what was before, in particular since there was no warning. But following that logic, trued to pull down and swipe to update image. Still a no go ............ How is this supposed to happen in the new app. There was a clear refresh button in the old app. There is nothing wrong with buttons. Their function is clear......it wasn't a broken interface or paradigm...why break it?
Poem
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Moved camera and now there's no way to update the activity zone image. Seems pretty ridiculous.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Tapping the snapshot doesn't update it?

Poem
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

Tapping the snapshot doesn't update it?

That button is missing from the app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I didn't say there was a button - I meant to physically tap the existing snapshot to refresh.

Poem
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, that doesn't do anything.

Somehow I did get it to update by tapping everywhere many times and by toggling night mode and Roate 180 on off. Not sure what did it.
dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, tapping the picture doesn't update it.  Nothing short of doing a force stop on the app and clearing the cache forces the picture to update.  This is ridiculous.  The app has become more broken than ever now since they've started "updating" it.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the rotate 180 degrees selection and then do it again.

dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice
It seems to work, but that's not really a great solution. There was nothing wrong with the refresh button that was there in the old interface.
Catfarts
Guide
Guide
Hey guys, I just figured it out:
Go to device settings->device utilities->camera positioning.
Pretty sure that’s what did it for me, but I did also perform the motion detector test right afterwards. So if the positioning doesn’t do it alone, then do them both.
dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice
These are all work arounds though. The main function here is still broke in new versions.
dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice
Lovely to see this is still broke in the latest version of the app.
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation