UK

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
webnetting
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have spent 3 hours trying to sort this out. My cameras won't record to the cloud or the usb flash drive in the hub a VMB4500. Have tried as suggested to remove the hub but when I try to add it as a new device the app scans but is unable to find my device. This is really not good enough for what is meant to be a prestige security company like Arlo. On top of this the chat box will not load from the app. Any suggestions please?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@webnetting wrote:

Have tried as suggested to remove the hub but when I try to add it as a new device the app scans but is unable to find my device. 

If you didn't reset the base with a paper-clip, then try doing that.

Also, try installing using a PC (my.arlo.com), as that sometimes works when the app fails.

Note if you have a VPN on the phone, you need to disable it during the install.

webnetting
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB you put me on the right track to reconfigure. Removed Hub from account. Factory reset of hub with paper-clip. Disconected hub ethernet cable from mesh system. Disconnected hub power. Had to abandon phone with VPN. Went onto old PC without VPN. Switched wi-fi direct to router home network from PC. Clicked add new device under devices in account. Followed instructions. First connected hub ethernet cable to router. Power to hub. Search found hub. Tried to connect two cameras at once. Couldn't. Thought I need to use this off mesh system. Started again using mesh wi-fi network. Found hub. Connected first camera which hub found and recognised from previous connection. Clicked add another camera. It went through a slightly longer process but found and recognised second camera. Tip easiest if you bring cameras closer to hub while going through this set up. System is now recording clips to cloud and I presume flash drive. Thank you again StephenB for guidance 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation