Pro 2 functionality after end of life

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bd100001
Follower
Follower

I have seen the EOL announcement for the Arlo Pro 2 cameras, January 1, 2025.  I have 4 cameras and am currently using the "free" version Arlo provides. 

1: If I use a USB drive plugged into my base station, will I still be able to record?

2: Will I still be able to view/control my cameras using the app?

I understand from the EOL announcement that the following will not be available after 1/1/25, but am unclear if I will still be able to use the app to control my cameras. I know cloud functionality may be impacted, which is why I will be using a USB drive/thumb drive.

o No firmware upgrades
o No bug fixes
o No maintenance releases
o No workarounds or patches
o No spare parts
o No replacement devices
o Bundled services or features may be reduced or eliminated
o Future services or features may be unavailable
o Some automatic email alerts and push notifications may be reduced or eliminated
o Offers, discounts, and coupons to purchase newer Arlo products may be given
o For an Arlo Product that is a service, Arlo customers may be migrated to the closest
equivalent service or given an offer to change their service plan

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) You will still have the free 7 day plan as before - that is not EOLed. Setting up local recordings is also possible but your base doesn't allow the app to view them directly - you'd have to eject the drive and view them on a computer. Only the VMB4540 and 5000 SmatHubs support direct viewing.

2) Yes.

As for the rest, your cameras haven't received an update for a few years now although the base did (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes). The rest of the points mean that eventually the cameras won't be particularly useful (cloud recordings may go away at some point) but you can continue to use the system as long as it's useful for you.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation