Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two step verification gone wrong

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
norahscorner19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I enabled my two step verification and out in the name of my trusted device which is an Asus android tablet and a day later I could not get into my app to control my camera.  I do not know what went wrong.  I thought it suppose to recognizes your device.  But it would not let me into the app.  Can you please direct  me as to why this is happening.  I am not sure how the two step verification works and why am I not able to get in.  I thought when you enabled the two step verification and put in the name of your trusted device that was all that was required to get into your app..  I don't have a smart phone I use my tablet to launch my app. Under the name of trusted device I put Asus Android..  What went wrong.  I thought you could automatically get into your app with the device I frequently use. . I thought that a secondary pass code was given only when  you use a secondary device.  I don't know if I am wrong in saying that.  Not sure how this two step verification works.  If you don't have a smartphone I assumed you would receive a secondary code through an email when using another device.  I usually access my app through my tablet but have tried the online portal by using my labtop to get into my camera and had no  success.      . I live in Canada and liked the camera and now I cannot even use it because of this.  I tried the customer service line in Canada and cannot get hold of anyone.  Can you please help me to get back into my app to sort this all out. If you can  give me some step by step instructions on how to do that and how this two step verification works. 

Sharon

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

norahscorner19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I am wondering about this.  When I went to enable two step verification.  I tapped on setting >profile>two-step verification>enable and then a heading came up requiring the name of my trusted device.  I noticed when I put in the name of my trusted device, and I wanted to press push notifications it was not available to me.  The only category that showed up was for text messages.  I do not have a smart phone, I have a flip phone and would prefer to have any messages sent to my email.  I launch my arlo app off of my tablet.  So when I tried it out after enabling two step verification and putting in the name if my trusted device.  The next day when I went to launch my arlo app to turn on my camera it would not allow me entry into my app.  I opened a new discussion in the community hoping for some guidance.  I got a email from someone suggesting to contact tech support.  I cannot find any tech support it either takes me to the options of chat, or a customer service number which I tried various times with no answer.  Can you please direct me to the right place.  I could not even get the chat to work.  Not sure if the chat line is only available at certain hours.  I am  wondering if I should of declined putting in my trusted device name.  That was not outlined in the instructions.  When I put in the name of my trusted device, I never saw the option for push notifications appear.  All I wanted was to get an email notification if another person tried to get into my app on another device..  I am also wondering if an email is suppose to be launched every time you enter your app on your device or is that only applicible when someone else tries to enter on another device.  Please direct me to someone in tech support that can answer these questions.

Sharon R.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation