Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
fozarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Arlo Pro2 cameras. Two of them suddenly became pixelated and then only captured the top left quadrant of the frame.  They are remote from me and I had a friend check them out to reposition them, as I thought they might have moved.  One is flat on a table, pointed into the middle of the room,  and it is only capturing the top of a window and the ceiling.  Another one outside, connected to a solar panel, is also only capturing the top left of where it is pointed.  No motion capture areas have been set for these cameras. The remaining camera is working fine.   We tried shutting the system down and restarting but that didn't help.  Has anyone else seen this?  What instructions should I give my friend to try and troubleshoot?   I can't seem to attach the mp4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
If you’re using the iOS App the positioning setting should give you a live view, if not then try power cycling the camera and base station.
The video settings view will be a static view that should update when you pinch zoom etc.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Not sure if this is related but I had a similar occurrence to my cameras when adjusting the camera video settings during the arlo offline issue recently. The camera view would zoom into the top left of the camera and when I backed out of the adjustment the camera view stuck.
I had to go back in and adjust the video settings and pinch and draw back to the desired view when the base came back on line.
fozarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where do you go in video settings to do this?  I tried device utilities, camera positioning but it doesn't pinch?

fozarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also tried Video Settings and it also won't unzoom the image.

fozarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah Ha!  I went into Activity Zones (which weren't set) and pinched to unset the zoom there, and it worked.  Back to normal for the internal camera on power.  I'll now try the external solar powered camera (which doesn't allow Activity Zones) and see if that works. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
If you’re using the iOS App the positioning setting should give you a live view, if not then try power cycling the camera and base station.
The video settings view will be a static view that should update when you pinch zoom etc.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation