Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two bases, one not recording on app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jyscit
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two Arlo bases, let's call them base 1 and base 2. . Currently, all cameras on both bases detect and record and recordings can be seen online at my account BUT the recordings on base 2 do not show up on my phone app. When I check the filters on my phone app, the cameras on base 2 do not show up at all as an option to filter; only base 1 camera recordings can be filtered in the search. All cameras show up on the main page on my phone app and I am able to check live feed on all of them, but only base 1 cameras recordings show on my phone app and filter options. How do I get base 2 recordings to also show up on my phone app? Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jyscit wrote:
I have two Arlo bases, let's call them base 1 and base 2. .

What is the model of the base stations?  If you don't know, please check them for a label that starts with VMB.

It would also be helpful to know the models of the cameras.

@Jyscit wrote:
Currently, all cameras on both bases detect and record and recordings can be seen online at my account BUT the recordings on base 2 do not show up on my phone app.

I'm a bit confused on what you mean.

1. Are you saying you can see base 2 recordings in the web browser (my.arlo.com) but not in the app?
  2. Are you saying that you can see the base 2 recordings in the app, but base 2 cameras cannot be filtered

Also, do you have a subscription for the cameras on base 2?  

Jyscit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for getting back to me.  

"Base 1" is a VMB4000.

"Base 2" is a VMB4500.

Recordings from cameras on both bases are available online.

Only recordings from "Base 1" is on my phone app.

I have a subscription plan for 8 cameras, enough to cover all the cameras on both bases combined.

Thanks.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jyscit wrote:

"Base 1" is a VMB4000.

"Base 2" is a VMB4500.

Recordings from cameras on both bases are available online.

Only recordings from "Base 1" is on my phone app.

I have a subscription plan for 8 cameras, enough to cover all the cameras on both bases combined.

Thx for this info.  With these two bases, both the app and the browser are accessing cloud storage.  Since the browser is able to access all the recordings, the problem must be something in the app.

Is the phone app using the same account/password as you use in the browser?  Or is it using "friend" access?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation