Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two Step Verification notification sent to email? Able to name your trusted device?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
norahscorner19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Not sure if I have the VMB4000 or the VMB4500.  I don't have a text message associated with my account so I surmise once you enable the two step verification, these notifications are sent to your email if anything suspicious is detected.  Do you give the name of your device when asked  about a trusted device.  I also read that some people were receiving notifications even when a leaf blew in front of the camera.  It was mentioned somewhere that to control the sensitivity of your camera you need to go into your video settings on your app..  Is this all correct..Need verification. 

Sharon

Sharon Rodrigues

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi norahscorner19,

As long as you are not logged out from the Arlo app on your phone device, you will receive a push notification when someone is attempting to log in to your account to approve or deny. If you don't have your phone nearby, you can always tap on "Try Another Verification Method" and tap on your email so an email can be sent to approve or deny. And yes, you can name your phone device when it's asked if the device to be trusted. For more information about Two-Step Verification, read more about it here: What is two-step verification and how do I set it up?

To adjust the motion sensitivity on your camera, you will need to edit this through the mode settings on your camera. You can read here to learn how to adjust: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation