Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rribnek
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have all of my cameras wired and the motion alerts work great, only question I have is I want to put a monitor in my living room with a live feed of all 4 cameras constantly, Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I don't believe this is possible. I think the live streams times out after 5 minutes or so. Also when live streaming, I also do not believe that motion detection/library recordings work. The best I have found is to tie Arlo into something like HomeKit (and the Home App). If you have android, not sure what options you might have. You don't get a live feed, but you will be able to get a still image about once a minute. I also have my Ring set up this way. See attached file for a sample of my setup. The images auto refresh every minute. Also pay no attention to my Squirrel cam. 🙂 I have a squirrel in my attic, and when he finally gets trapped, I wanted to be alerted, and this was an obvious solution.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 9.12.58 PM.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShaneLee wrote:

I don't believe this is possible. I think the live streams times out after 5 minutes or so. Also when live streaming, I also do not believe that motion detection/library recordings work. 

The live stream will time out, but it should last longer than 5 minutes.  Motion detection is disabled when you are live streaming, but you can start a manual recording.

Rribnek
Aspirant
Aspirant
That makes sense! Thank you very much!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation