Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trigger base station siren

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pedal2Metal
Follower
Follower

Is it possible to set up either the Arlo Pro 2 camera and/or the upcoming Arlo Light (Spring 2018) to trigger setting off the Arlo Base Station Siren? I have a disabled daughter & have 1 location (remote stairwell) such that if a trigger occurs, it is 99% likely it is an immediate emergency. If this capability exists already, great. If not, give feedback to development to implement as it is an essential feature for care-givers who need this kind of emergency notification option, in addition to general notification via email/text. I would also suggest for the Arlo Light, assessing if a low-energy drain siren could be included to allow for a direct siren trigger option, while not replacing the base station siren trigger option requested (i.e.: allow for none, either, or both)..

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes, the Pro 2 camera can trigger the siren. You set it up in the rules. Not sure about the light yet but I assume the answer will also be yes

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would note that the originally mentioned base was an Arlo base and not specifically a Pro base.  If you have the older, original base, it has no siren. If you have a Pro base, the siren can be activated as mentioned above.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation