Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can the Arlo Pro 2 cameras be synced with the Arlo Pro system

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Laronson61285
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have the Arlo Pro system with 6 cameras, I wanted to add a couple more and enable CVR but these do not support that feature. If I buy 2 of the  Arlo Pro 2 cameras can I sync them to my current base station and system , or do I have to connect them to their own base and repay for the premium subscription fee ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo PRO 2 cameras will sync to your Arlo PRO base. In fact, the bases for Arlo Pro and Pro 2 are identical.  The only limitation would be the plan itself, you are still  limited to 5 on free, etc.  If you are already paying for a plan that allows more than 5 (which sounds like you are), then there shouldn't be any issue.  Just sync them to your base as you always do and that's it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo PRO 2 cameras will sync to your Arlo PRO base. In fact, the bases for Arlo Pro and Pro 2 are identical.  The only limitation would be the plan itself, you are still  limited to 5 on free, etc.  If you are already paying for a plan that allows more than 5 (which sounds like you are), then there shouldn't be any issue.  Just sync them to your base as you always do and that's it.

Laronson61285
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great, thank you. Also, I've been told that the Pro 2 cameras cannot be used for CVR outdoors? Why is this? If I run the power cord inside, but place the camera itself outside like the others are already will it work?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The issue is the weathersealing at the camera connector. Right now, Netgear has no solution, having pulled the outdoor chargers. They should return with improved seals.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation