Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Aspirant

Technician took Ethernet cable out of Base Station breaking the casing for the Ethernet cable

Hi, I had fibre put in at home.  In the process the technician took the ethernet cable out of the base unit breaking the casing for the ethernet cable to go into.  Can this be fixed or do I need a new base station? Thanks

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

Re: Technician took Ethernet cable out of Base Station breaking the casing for the Ethernet cable

Not repairable.

As @jguerdat says, they need to replace it and repair the other damage!

My Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2, Security Light
Message 6 of 6

All Replies

Re: Technician took Ethernet cable out of Base Station breaking the casing for the Ethernet cable

Is this the base station that is broken or the plug?

A photo might help.

Must be a clumsy technician if they can't unplug a LAN cable without doing damage.

Message 2 of 6
Guru

Sounds like the Tech owes you a new base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6
Aspirant

Hi Michael

Its the base station.  In the pic where the ethernet cable goes in there is no casing around it for the plug to go.

Found since they have done more damage since to other things down the drive!

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Guru

The ISP need sto make this right. Replacement hardware is needed.

Message 5 of 6

Not repairable.

As @jguerdat says, they need to replace it and repair the other damage!

Message 6 of 6