Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
LouisEagle
Tutor
Tutor

Two issues 

1 - Testing the audio, the person I spoke to outside, front and then back, could hear me fine. 
I could not hear their response. I have the volume all the way to 100%. That's not too cool, especially if someone comes to
the door at night, which happened not too long ago before I got this. I want to be able to see them and ask who it is and what they want.

2 - Testing the system when disarmed, I had my wife walk up so I could see what's happening live.
There was a notable lag or delay. What good is that? Speakng with one of the support people from whom I seem to get varied and sometimes questionable results, I was told something about interference between the base and the cameras.
My base station has to be upstairs in my office because that's where the router is. One camera shows a strong or full signal, connection. The other only slightly less. Of course there will be interference like furniture, windows, etc.

Thanks,
Louis

10 REPLIES 10
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
My push to to talk doesnt work at all. Its not loud enough to understand. As far as the delay . there will always be a 3-5 second delay in any type of communication equipment. Tv radio et c
LouisEagle
Tutor
Tutor

Yours doesn't work going out, mine doesn't work coming in.
Thing is, it's part of the package therefore should work and is supposed to work.
If not, they need to either fix this via updates or offer an exchange.

AekaGSR
Initiate
Initiate

@Wklovelace3 wrote:
My push to to talk doesnt work at all. Its not loud enough to understand. As far as the delay . there will always be a 3-5 second delay in any type of communication equipment. Tv radio et c

Except video calling on phones is near instant, cloud video game video streaming is near instant, comms in video games are near instant.  The delay is silly, and right now im dealing with a several minute delay on my camera.

Lexingtonian
Tutor
Tutor

Agreed I’m testing a Kuna right now along side the Arlo Pro 2. Kuna is at least twice as fast for communication. Arlo feels slow and lumbering for comms and phone app. I do like the arlo picture quality better though.

Arlo needs to address this...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There will be a delay as the camera communicates with the server. Have you tried power cycling your Base Station?

D_S
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm seeing about a 90 second delay when using audio communication.   Using the latest Arlo app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge I'm activating audio from across the room.   I can hear the audio from the camera.  My son says "I can hear you" into the camera.   Wait 90 seconds and I get the audio\video response on my Arlo app.  Yes, I've rebooted everything.  My Internet connection is fast and reliable.  This is the second Arlo setup I've used.  Tried with Arlo Pro, now I've upgrade to Arlo Pro 2.   What's up with this delay?  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@D_S

What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you running? Have you tried to remove & re-sync the camera with the base station?

DR1VEN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Found your comment...I just got my system up today....Exact same thing for me even with my cameras in same room as the HUB...I have 120mbps down and 10 up......my delay back to my phone is like 90 seconds for audio and video...this system is crap if it's not fixed....have you gotten any answers on this issue
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DR1VEN

What firmware is your cameras and base station running? What device/model/OS are you using to view/test?

D_S
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using Arlo mobile 2.6.5_23400.  I've not resynced the cameras to the base station, but the delay seems to be down to about 5-10 seconds now.   Since I haven't made any changes, this would seem to be a latency issue on the Arlo cloud end.  

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation