Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
BonChance
Follower
Follower

I really wanted to love Arlo. I have 5 Pro 2 cameras and base station. I even recommended to friends initially. But, after two years I am ready to move to a better system. I have verified super high speed internet with a broad reach but the app is way too slow to connect. Often minutes have gone by before I can see the guy at the door, or worse, inside my house. What’s more, the app is not intuitive or user friendly. I expect kinks and bugs early on, but this is ridiculous. When it comes to the safety of my family, I expect a smooth, intuitive, and high speed connection. I’m out.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BonChance

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

tmarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem..  live is pretty much useless...   was not like this a month a go.. not sure what changed..   Totally regret getting an arlo.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
You're not alone. It's the crappy app that they don't beta test before pushing updates. Many reputable companies beta test through the app store prior to releasing the final update. I'm not sure why Arlo is resistant to this. I'm having so many issues that I might switch to Blink cameras. My neighbor has them and loves them. I bought Arlo explicitly for the USB storage, but I can only access it part of the time or the app crashes. I have full cameral signal when the phone is rebooted, but then it degrades over time. Etc., Etc. Etc. Arlo is a joke.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I will add to this list as I too, find the app VERY SLOW to access. There is no way I could catch anyone invading my property if I needed to. And I don’t think it was this bad a year ago when I bought the system. I don’t know what is going on but Arlo is very much going down hill. I mean, really becoming a poor quality product.
For example, I currently have an open case file for the activity zones which do not work, a known issue according to the one Arlo rep I spoke with, and which I am paying for. No one is calling me back when they promised they would (Fitz and Anisha!)
I was smart to purchase extended warranty coverage from Best Buy, however it only gets me a store credit. Right now there is nothing worth $1200.00 that I would want from Best Buy to justify a full return of this clearly sub standard product.
I really am disappointed with the whole situation.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation