Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 connection and bad picture issues

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
sabdelmoumen
Follower
Follower
My 4 arlo pro 2 cameras suddenly stopped working properly. Cameras are connected to base but I am unable to play previews and live. Also pictures are green and very bad. Can someone take a looke and resolve the issue. Thx
5 REPLIES 5
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
Unfortunately, you're not alone. This company put out an untested app and keeps trying to patch it up without testing the patches. This is why companies beta test their apps in the app store first, but they refuse. This is just another day in the life of an Arlo customer. Get used to it or switch to another platform.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried? What do you see? What are the LEDs on the base showing? Have you rebooted the base? Have you changed a wireless device's location that may be interfering with the signal? Have you tried a computer browser?  We need a whole lot more info to try to help.

And the app usually has little to do with the system. If the videos are corrupted it's not the app. While not perfect, the app works fine here.

Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's definitely the app. It gets worse with every update. When I reinstall the app or reboot my phone the app works perfectly for a short period of time. With the last update I am no longer able to access my local storage 100% of the time. Cameras are able to connect and have signal after reinstalling the app or rebooting the phone, but then it degrades. The app used 35% of my battery and my phone shut it down with the error "the app keeps crashing." Don't tell me it's not the app. Just read the app reviews in the Google Play store.
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
BTW. I've spent countless hours doing every troubleshooting task I can possibly do. Rebooting the base is of course one of them. I'm tech savvy and not a simpleton.
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Manolo86 wrote:
It's definitely the app. It gets worse with every update. When I reinstall the app or reboot my phone the app works perfectly for a short period of time. With the last update I am no longer able to access my local storage 100% of the time. Cameras are able to connect and have signal after reinstalling the app or rebooting the phone, but then it degrades. The app used 35% of my battery and my phone shut it down with the error "the app keeps crashing." Don't tell me it's not the app. Just read the app reviews in the Google Play store.

Do you have an Android? If you do go here and install an older app https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&page=4&s=Arlo     Look for 2.10.0_6060-26060 that app seems to be the best as I saved it to my phone incase I need to go to it. But you will need to turn off auto updates as your phone will update to the current app. I have had to go back to this one due to them putting out a bad app. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation