Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

System MODE not updating on APP when changed

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mick12
Apprentice
Apprentice

This new problem has begun sometime during the new iOS system update for my iPhone and my wife's iPhone.  An iPhone 8 and new iPhone SE.

When manually arming the cameras at night, the mode will show armed.  In the morning when one of us enables geofencing to disarm the cameras, the mode will not change on the iPhones.  It will stay as armed but be disarmed as it should because we are both at home.  

We have to select disarmed mode and then geofencing, this will finally show the mode as disarmed.  The system will function properly again until there is a manual change of modes.  The only way to get the system to display the proper mode is to go into the app, hit either arm or disarm, depending on what yo want, and then the app will display the proper system mode. 

During this, the system will sometimes work correctly and sometimes not.  An example is if my wife disarms the camera in the morning, then selects geofencing, my  APP will still show armed but the cameras will be disarmed.  But sometimes she does the same procedure and the cameras stay armed?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation