Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Switching to a new internet provider to get faster speed. Unable to connect VMB4500.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mlavick
Aspirant
Aspirant

We switched Internet providers as we can now get over 50 X faster speeds. When I tried to switch the Arlo system over, I cannot get the VM B4500 base to connect. I went through all of the protocols and finally ended up rebooting. I still get a blinking amber light. Now that I have rebooted, none of the cameras show up on the app. I am at a loss how to start over.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mlavick wrote:

I still get a blinking amber light. Now that I have rebooted, none of the cameras show up on the app. I am at a loss how to start over.

Have you checked the ethernet cabling to the router?  Maybe try a different LAN port on the router.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also check Settings, My Devices to see if the base shows up and is online. It may be that it's connected but the cameras aren't.

mlavick
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo is now showing up as an option for wifi but I cannot connect to it as I don't know a password for it. It is still not detectible by the app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mlavick wrote:

The Arlo is now showing up as an option for wifi but I cannot connect to it as I don't know a password for it. It is still not detectible by the app.

That would be the closed wifi created by the base.  There is no way to connect the phone to it.

The base needs to be connected to the router via ethernet - and the blinking LED on the base suggests that isn't happening.  As I suggested earlier:

Have you checked the ethernet cabling to the router?  Maybe try a different LAN port on the router.

mlavick
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did try a different ethernet port. And, I tried to reset again. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mlavick wrote:

I did try a different ethernet port. And, I tried to reset again. 

and still are seeing the yellow flashing LED?

Is the router seeing an ethernet connection, and assigning an IP address.  You can look in the attached devices section of the router.

What router is this (manufacturer and model)?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation