Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Orbi RBK752 and Arlo Pro 2. Unable to add cameras to Base Station.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
scubaqn
Aspirant
Aspirant

First, I know my cameras are older.  Just upgraded my old router to Orbi RBK752 from a Netgear router.  One base station was working on prior network with 4 cameras on Netgear router.  After changing network to Orbi everything that worked before still works. Didn't have to set up anything different on old base station. Now on new (second) base station I can't add any cameras to the base station.   So I tried adding a 5th camera to first base station and that didn't work either.  I suspect there's a problem with the 2.4 Hz and 5 Hz settings to get the cameras to be found on the base stations.  Can anyone tell me what to do on the Orbi to get the base station to recognize the cameras?

14 REPLIES 14
Dannybear
Master
Master
So have you had both base stations added to your account previously.
The cameras connect to the base station wifi not the routers wifi so no need to change it.
Cameras newer than the pro2 require subscription.
scubaqn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for a reply.  No the cameras are not new, they are all Arlo Pro 2. Can't add any cameras to the first base station.  Can't add to the second base station.  The 4000 base stations are visible on the arlo app. The original first 4 cameras are all visible and working. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
I am starting to see a pattern to these issues of being unable to add devices. Others have same issues after removing devices from their accounts and then not able to add them back.
Have you tried syncing the base and camera manually using the sync buttons.
Alternatively have you tried using the arlo web browser on a pc.
scubaqn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Thanks for responding. yes I have tried to use the physical sync button on the VM4000 base station along with pushing the sync button on either of the Arlo Pro 2 cameras.   Still the same result - no camera link. The camera flashes the blue and the far right light on the base station front led panel flashes green like it's trying to connect  but there's no connection and it times out. I am still under the impression that the Orbi router isn't allowing the second base station to find the camera.  

scubaqn
Aspirant
Aspirant

PS I also did the arlo add device via a personal computer and pressed the sync on base and on camera. Same results.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I can’t think of anything else to try without the risk of loosing everything that’s still working.
You’re options are to wait for arlo to fix a server issue or seek arlo support advice with subscription.
To eliminate your isp router, take the system to a friends place to prove.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scubaqn wrote:

PS I also did the arlo add device via a personal computer and pressed the sync on base and on camera. Same results.

Was the PC connected with ethernet or wifi?   If you can connect with WiFi, then try that.

BTW, there is a limit of 5 (older) cameras per account on the free 7-day cloud storage.  It's not 5 cameras per base.

So if you want to get free storage on all your cameras, you will need to set up the second base on a different account.  You can then use friend access to let you see all cameras from either account.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS...

try and disconnect your Ethernet cable from the base AND then manually sync the camera to the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Scubaqn2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for the reply.  

I have reactivated the old Netgear 2.4 ghz network. I've unplugged the old base station. I have a different account for arlso. I only have the new to me 2nd base station attached.  I have updated firmware.  The base station is visible but neither of 2 cameras will attach. I have tried both on and off the network. I have tried manually and on pc and on mobile phone.  Does anyone have any ideas?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Scubaqn2 wrote:

I have a different account for arlo.

That could be the problem.  If you didn't remove the cameras and base from the old account, you won't be able to add them to a new one.

Scubaqn2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I got on with Arlo Support and they removed the two purchased cameras from the old email address.  Still not working. Did all of the steps above and did the whole thing over again including trying to sync without being on network.  Still nothing.  Guy sent me over to email support who asked me to do all of the same steps again. Got tired of trying to work it. Returned everything. Ordered brand new base station and two arlo pro 2 cameras.

Scubaqn2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just spent HOURS on the COMPLETELY WORTHLESS chat with your worthless company.  I initially bought 2 cameras and a base station that were not part of a set.  When I could not get them to pair after multiple attempts, yes, I reset the base the cameras etc I returned those cameras and bought a BRAND NEW REFURBISHED SYSTEM with 2 cameras! Even sent the barcode on the box to the so called experts.  The worthless chat support "EXPERT" people have NO no clue including LEAH AND ESPERANZA. NO RESULTS FROM HOURS OF CHAT. Tried to purchase subscription but I can't because the cameras don't connect . So it's a circular mess.  Tried resetting base AT LEAST 10 times, tried manual sync, tried sync on app, tried sync on pc, nothing works. Yes the batteries were fully charged in the cameras! Even tried to send the full details in chat but was completely shut down by a worthless expert who admitted that your company is no longer supporting older devices. 

Scubaqn2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just spent HOURS on the COMPLETELY WORTHLESS chat with this worthless company.  I initially bought 2 cameras and a base station that were not part of a set.  When I could not get them to pair after multiple attempts, yes, I reset the base the cameras etc I returned those cameras and bought a BRAND NEW REFURBISHED SYSTEM with 2 cameras! Even sent the barcode on the box to the so-called experts.  The worthless chat support "EXPERT" people have NO no clue including LEAH AND ESPERANZA. NO RESULTS FROM HOURS OF CHAT. Tried to purchase subscription but I can't because the cameras don't connect . So it's a circular mess.  Tried resetting base AT LEAST 10 times, tried manual sync, tried sync on app, tried sync on pc, nothing works. Yes the batteries were fully charged in the cameras! Even tried to send the full details in chat but was completely shut down by a worthless expert who admitted that your company is no longer supporting older devices. 

Scubaqn2
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you just bought an Arlo Ultra BEWARE! This will happen to you too eventually

Spent HOURS on the COMPLETELY WORTHLESS chat. Bought older cameras & a base station that were not part of a set; could not get them to pair after multiple attempts; returned those cameras and bought a BRAND NEW REFURBISHED SYSTEM;even sent the barcode on the box to support; clueless support including LEAH AND ESPERANZA. Would buy subscription can't because the cameras don't connect So it's a circular mess Was even told that older cameras no longer supported...so this will eventually happen to all of their cameras.....

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation