Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Suddenly cannot view live on desktop computer: update Flash Player (and I can't)!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
PennyYC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried changing Chrome settings, and I've tried viewing live cameras using another browser (Edge), and I keep getting the same message.  Everything is fine on my phone and iPad.
This isn't making sense...my flash player updates on my PC its own. This just started this past week. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PennyYC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, so I'm answering my own question. This is bizarre. 

What finally worked (I went through several various attempts to fix this--frustrating) is this:

Step 2: Update Flash

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. In the address bar at the top, enter chrome://components and press Enter.
  3. Look for "Adobe Flash Player."
  4. Click Check for update.
  5. If you see "Component not updated" or "Component updated," you're on the latest version.
  6. Go back to the page with the Flash content. If it doesn't open automatically, at the top left, click Reload 

RELOAD was the answer!

But prior to doing this, I also went to the Arlo site, right-clicked on the lock image a to the left of the url and went to site settings to make sure that Flash Player is "allowed" on this site! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PennyYC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, so I'm answering my own question. This is bizarre. 

What finally worked (I went through several various attempts to fix this--frustrating) is this:

Step 2: Update Flash

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. In the address bar at the top, enter chrome://components and press Enter.
  3. Look for "Adobe Flash Player."
  4. Click Check for update.
  5. If you see "Component not updated" or "Component updated," you're on the latest version.
  6. Go back to the page with the Flash content. If it doesn't open automatically, at the top left, click Reload 

RELOAD was the answer!

But prior to doing this, I also went to the Arlo site, right-clicked on the lock image a to the left of the url and went to site settings to make sure that Flash Player is "allowed" on this site! 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation