Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

There have been many threads and posts about issues with the Pro 2 cameras.

Reply and add your comments if you are experiencing any of the following:

1. Single camera going offline

2. Multiple cameras going offline

3. Single camera going offline and battery draining

4. Multiple cameras going offline and batteries draining

I'm 4.

So far 3 of the 4 cameras have gone offline (multiple times each) and suffered battery draining down to 0%.

Clearly there is a major issue with the new devices - it could be software, firmware, or hardware.

Netgear are obviously aware of the problem now but just how widespread is it?

(Threads of this natiure would be so much easier of this was proper forum software with support for polls, etc.)

22 REPLIES 22
ryeguy8585
Guide
Guide
Im #3, This Camera locks up randomly and starts a massive drain on the battery. Mine went brain dead last night at about 90% charged. I pulled the battery this AM, and reseated it, and it reported 20% when it came back online.
mattsrs
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm #3 too. Out of my two cameras, one is been going offline, the other one is runing fine for now (3days).

marcocb8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am  #3 also, I have 4 camera's and 1 is draining battery fast and loosing connection, unacceptable for the money I paid.

MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

Im #1, #2, #3 and #4  as I have purchased and returned the Arlo Pro 2  2-pack twice already. These problems have persisted every time, as well as the very bad night vision.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated the feedback on this topic to the product management team. The engineering team is currently investigating the concerns being discussed here and I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Cflocation
Star
Star

Yes I have also had to reset 1 camera after 1 day of use. Mine are also all plugged in.

djdannis
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm #3, have had 2 different Pro 2 cameras go offline and drain the battery to 0% over the past week. Never more than one offline at a time so far...

Papajohnny
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just upgraded to the Arlo Pro 2 (2 camera set with new base). Setup was easy and they were working great. I use one inside and one outside. On the first morning, the outside camera went offline right as I was leaving for work. So was off all day. i tried rebooting the base station remotely and the inside camera would reconnect, but the outside camera would not. I reset the camera that night when I retruned home from work. It was working fine. The very next morning (today actually), the coutside amera went offline about the same time as it did yesterday (right when I am going to work). The inside camera is still fine.

When I get home from work tonight, I am going to switch the 2 cameras and see if that helps. I am wondering if it's getting out of range of the base station. Although, I have had the original arlo cameras for the last year or so. My camera went offline maybe twice in that time. Not daily like the Pro 2 is starting out doing.

mattsrs
Apprentice
Apprentice
As stated in the camera offline thread, it has nothing to do with location and it happens even if you put it so close to base station.
Papajohnny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I will give it a couple of weeks to see if there is any improvement. If not, then i return them back to Amazon because for this price, this is completely unacceptable.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There IS a possibility it's postion. If you don't actually eliminate it as a possibility, you can't definitively state it's not the position. Swap acmeras to determine this.

mattsrs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Looks like you didn't read the main thread about this issue 🙂
ryeguy8585
Guide
Guide

@jguerdat Already swapped cameras in my situation, just as others have stated they've done. 

Read the other thread about the issue. "Yet another camera has gone offline"

swpyatt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is going offline and the battery is draining in less than a day. It looks like my IR is staying on all the time. Could this be the issue? Also I have a giant black ring around the whole image. It looks like the camera is seeing the rubber/plastic ring around the lens.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ryeguy8585 wrote:

@jguerdat Already swapped cameras in my situation, just as others have stated they've done. 

Read the other thread about the issue. "Yet another camera has gone offline"

My comment was generic.  Not everyone has swapped cameras so can't be discounted.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi all,

A new FW was released last week (your system should have auto-updated), and I wanted to follow up and see whether you are still having the battery drain/offline issues. 

Thank you!

Dawn Marshall
Community Manager, NETGEAR

Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the same problems with the new firmware.

I returned everything last week and got a refund.

cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice
On the old firmware, this happened to mine.

Since 15483 (new firmware) been up for 8 days. Things are looking good!
swpyatt
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the new version? I'm on 1.092.0.5_13833

Thanks for checking in and letting us know.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the Release Notes section here. That has the latest versions listed although sometimes it takes a day or two to see the update.

You seem to be referring to a Pro 1 camera, not the Pro 2.

swpyatt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, it is the Arlo 2. Even double checked. That is the version of firmware I have on it. I'd attach a screenshot, but not seeing a good way to show version and firmware.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine is at 1.124.1.0_15483. What you posted is what I have for a Pro 1.

Try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it. Update firmware if prompted and check again.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation