Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Still issue with Stop recording when Motion Stop

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
amar0k
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi to all,

already own Arlo Pro 1 and just bought Arlo Pro 2.

Leaving apart the issue with poor night vision, still foggy after latest firmware update I'm experiencing also the issue that once a car or something else trigger the camera it continues to record for up to 4 or 5 minutes resulting in battery draining. No more motion is visible into the video after the first trigger event. The issue was supposed to be fixed with recent fw updates or it is still present?

Thank you all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're swapping at the store, you usually have to swap the whole system.   Before you do that, though, reset the system and start fresh. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras. If the same problem still exists, swapping is the fastes resolution. Otherwise, open a case with support here.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For starters, I would remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it.

amar0k
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you,

will try this evening and let you know

br

amar0k
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, just made the test and defenitively  not working...

removed the camera and resyinced, still recording lenght up to 5 minutes or near. Placed close to Arlo 1 Camera, same triggers, Arlo 1 records for 20 second or so, Arlo 2 continue and continue...

both camera 80% sensity. Don't think anyway that is due to leaves or sunlight, because Arlo 1 doesn't experience the issue.  BTW during 12 hours of test Arlo 1 lost 1% of power, Arlo 2 about 19%.... 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a bad camera. Swap at the store or open a case with support here to exercise your warranty.

amar0k
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your kind reply,

but this is meaning I have to replace both Arlo 2 Camera? Because I have 2 new cameras and each present same issue on recording lenght...

Thank you again

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're swapping at the store, you usually have to swap the whole system.   Before you do that, though, reset the system and start fresh. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras. If the same problem still exists, swapping is the fastes resolution. Otherwise, open a case with support here.

amar0k
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you again.

Just for completeness, I synced the two arlo 2 under another station. One still presents the issue and the other not, so the faulty camera is only one. I think I will open the case to replace the faulty camera, sincee I don't have original packaging anymore.

Thank you for all

best regards

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation