Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Squirrels moving camera. Is there a way to mount the cameras with them moving it?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
NYNV
Aspirant
Aspirant

New user here, so far I like the cameras but is there a way to mount it without squirrels/animals moving them or damaging them? I mounted a camera in a tree with a ghillie and magnetic mount but a squirell knocked it down. Less than 24 hours ago I remounted it using a screw in bracket and already a squirell moved it! This is aggravating! Is there any way to avoid this? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
NickBee
Initiate
Initiate
NYNV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ha ha. There are far too many on my property and I'm not allowed to do that in my area.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just use a good mount and if the arlo mount make sure the locking nut is tight... or remove it if plastic and use a regular 1/4-20 nut to tighten

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@NYNV wrote:

Ha ha. There are far too many on my property and I'm not allowed to do that in my area.

Only if you got caught. 🙂

As Tom suggests, there are lots of outdoor camera mounts including those from Arlo. A quick search on Amazon can be overwhelming. They just need to use a 1/4"-20 thread which virtually all do.

Dannybear
Master
Master
As an aside, I recall that someone here made a wire cage for their camera to protect it from the wild life although I suspect it was initially for humans.
Another put the camera in a bird house to hide it.

You could mount an owl or hawk statue close by.
I use plastic snake replica to keep birds away.
NYNV
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks all!

I used the Wasserstein (idk how to spell it lol) adjustable screw down bracket and ghillie last night after I realized the magnetic mount definitely is not enough for this situation.

Today I retightened everything and hopefully that does it and stops it from being moved.

I must have very aggressive squirells 🤬
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation