Solar panel

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
eskimopy5
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I know if my solar panel is defective or if I just dont have it connected properly?  I connected it to my Arlo pro 2 camera above my garage.  It was very difficult to connect the plug to the camera due to the angle it has on the post but I think it was making a good connection.  When viewing it on my phone it shows a plug so I assuming this is the solar panel it is connected to.  But my camera battery was drained in 3 wks when it usually will last about 2 months without the panel.  I am in florida and there is lots of sun and I have no trees and it gets full sun so not sure why the battery went dead.  I made sure the battery was completely charged prior to attaching the solar panel.  But coincidently the camera that is in my backyard also depleted the battery to about 20% when there is no activity at all except for the lawn guy that came 2 times only.  The camera would show movement but there was nothing when I viewed it.......no cats, raccoons, dogs, nothing at all.  Has anyone else had any of these problems?

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@eskimopy5

When it is sunny outside and the sun is beaming directly on the solar panel are you getting the icon with a lightning bolt instead of the battery icon? The lightning bolt means that it is charging. If you don't have the lightning icon then there is a good probability that the cable is not firmly seated in one of the plugs. On the camera end you should definately feel a click when it seats properly. 

My solar panels are only in direct sunlight part of the day and my cameras only drain 2 to 5 % per day depending how long I have the cameras armed and how many recordings I got from the camera.

If it is not working, take the camera and solar panel down and inspect the cables and plugs for any bent pins. Firmly seat the plugs but don't force them as you will break the connection inside the camera. When you get the lightning bolt icon, without disconnecting anything, remount both the camera and solar panel as best you can.

If you can't get it to work properly, contact Customer Support.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation