Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar Panel power cable somehow got damaged. Tried to clean but won't work now.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ready2ridef4i
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using Arlo Pro 2 outdoors with the solar panel. Arlo solar panel power Cable was damaged somehow (I'm guessing a dirt or sand) and was in the dirt of the flower bed for an unknown time. Tried to clean it off, but it will not work now. The solar panel was not disturbed, so I assume it is just the cable that's the issue. I've read multiple times that Arlo does not oblige, and wants you to spring for a whole new solar kit, which is patently absurd and quite unfriendly to customers who have made the investments. I called arlo and requested a new power cable but they told me they don’t sell one. I was basically told that I was on my own. Anyone have any luck with this issue? I have also found it impossible to get any help from live support people, and seriously disappointed they seem not to care about their customers. I offered to buy the cable. It’s not like I was asking for anything free. What type of company will not offer or provide a replacement cable for one of their products. This solar panel costs $80 each and I have 4 of them plus 4 arlo pro 2 cameras. I made a big investment with this company and they don’t seem to care.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

PM me. I think I have an unused one that I could mail you if in the US. 

ready2ridef4i
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jguerdat, I tried to pm you but I’m not able. I’m new to this forum. I would appreciate any help you can provide. Could you pm me?
ready2ridef4i
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jguerdat, I would definitely take the solar panel cable if you have it. Please PM me ASAP. I could PM you. I don’t know how to do it.  I’m new to this forum and don’t know how to work all the options.

ready2ridef4i
Aspirant
Aspirant

After posting on this forum, I have been in contact with Arlo customer support but they have been no help. They keep telling me to look at third party cables and that they don’t sell this cable separately. It seems outrageously crazy for them not to make this cable available for their customers. I’m not the first person that needs a replacement cable for the Arlo pro 2 Solar panel VMA4600 and I won’t be the last one. Why would Arlo not support their customers by making this part available. They rather expect you to fork out $86 to buy the Solar panel when you only need the power cable that comes with it. It is very frustrating especially when they technical support keeps assigning me different case numbers and transferring me between people. At the end they give me the same answer: “we don’t sell the cable on the website, look for the cable in EBAY or Amazon”. It would not be very hard for them to ask their parts suppliers to make this cables and have them in their parts bin for customers that have warranty claims or just want to buy the cable.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm glad you figured out the PMs finally - I'll be replying there when I verify that I have the cable.

ready2ridef4i
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to give a shout out to Jguerdat for providing me a new replacement power cable for my solar panel. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for your help. My Arlo Solar panel is happily charging my Arlo pro 2 camera now. This is all ARLO support had to do. All we ask as customers is for them to support their products by providing replacements for broken or damaged parts. We should be able to buy a part to keep our cameras and accessories working.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation