Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Had "mode" called Inside Off. Had to factory reset but lost hat mode. Mode no longer avaialble?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DaveATX
Follower
Follower

When I initially set up my system several years ago, I set up a "mode" called Inside Off.  It allowed me to arm the outside cameras for motion and recording, but turned off the inside camera.  I recently had to factory reset my base to get my cameras to work again and lost that mode.  I've worked with chat support all morning and am now being told that setting a new mode like this is no longer available?  Surely I got someone who just didn't know how to do it?  Help!

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The actual OFF mode may no longer be available, but that doesn't stop you from not arming a camera....

tip;

Any camera NOT in the active mode is Disarmed ( not going to record )

So if you have cams A B C, create a custom Mode and put in camera A, save ... then go back and edit the new mode and add camera B... I f camera C is inside the home, it will NOT detect any motion and you will have outside detect only

Also in the schedule, remember you can not go thru midnight... so it's like 8PM to 1159 and then 12 midnight next day to 8AM.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation