Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar Panel Issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JGP7229
Star
Star

Recently purchased Arlo solar panel for an outdoor camera. I have charged the camera to 100% plugged the panel in and without any usage the battery is draining about 3-4% a day. Any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the panel showing a charge "lightning"  icon during most sun time?

Is the temp below aprox 32F ?  ( as the battery doesn't charge below freezing for safety )

Is it cloudy?

In my experience, the panel only really charges a few hours before and after high noon if sun, but did manage to keep my battery charged over long term ( not winter tho )

BTW, Angle of panel should be facing sun at high noon, aprox the angle of your latitude

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JGP7229
Star
Star

@TomMac no its not showing the charging symbol at all, I live in Naples, FL (we don't really have a "winter") and all we get is sun this time of year, average temp this week was 90 mostly sunny, about 1 hour of rain...

I've disconnected and reconnected the camera several time to check the connection with no luck... it is receiving direct sun light but can try moving/ adjusting the angle and see how that works. 

Thanks for the quick reply

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JGP7229

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation