Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Matt44
Follower
Follower

I have a 5 camera Arlo Pro 2 system which works great. I recently purchased 2 Arlo solar panels for the cameras I have up high. They have been operating for nearly a week and while one of them is working fine, constantly charging at 100% the other doesn't charge the camera any more than 49%. I have changed the battery in the camera and re-connected the solar panel with the same result.

Thoughts??

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@Matt44 

When you insert a fresh battery, do you see the lightning bolt icon showing that the solar panel is indeed charging the camera? Is the solar panel positioned where the sunlight is hitting the panel directly? For testing purposes I have positioned a solar panel in a window temporarily making sure that the sun is hitting it directly, and the solar panel will get very warm. The solar panel is a trickle charger so once the battery has dropped ot 49% it could take a couple of days to fully charge in direct sunlight. Are you having connection issues with this camera causing the battery to drop that low? My cameras on solar panel usually drop about 2-3% every night and fully recharge in about 30 minutes in direct sunlight.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation