Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ba1070
Star
Star

I see older posts about this but I wanted to add a newer one. I suspect this continues to be a need of many of us Arlo users. The 6 foot cable provided with the solar panel is not long enough for a couple of my installations. PLEASE ARLO, PROVIDE EXTENSION CABLES FOR YOUR SOLAR PANEL. 

I also have a separate posting for a solar panel cable splitter. This is another need and would be very easy for Arlo to provide. I would like to mount Arlo lights near my Arlo Pro 2 cameras. A splitter would allow me to use 1 solar panel to charge both. Arlo solar panels are expensive and having 2 panels would be unsightly clutter. PLEASE ARLO, PROVIDE A SOLAR PANEL CABLE SPLITTER.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

there is NOT enough output from the solar panel to charge 2 cameras...

As to an extended cable, you could prob make one up using the current one for parts but just avoid small gauge wire for longer runs and make sure its all sealed up well.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ba1070
Star
Star

Even if there is not enough output from the solar panels to charge a camera and a light (I am not convinced this is true, I would like to see the math), surely Netgear could add a low cost circuit to the splitter cable assembly to allow 2 devices to be charged from one solar panel. I would rather pay a bit more for a "high tech" cable that to pay for 2 solar panels and have the extra unsightly look of 2 solar panels. Come on Netgear! Create a more robust suite of accessories such as this splitter cable and an extension cable! We would be most grateful.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So, you'd be powering a circuit from a solar panel that has small output in the first place. How would you be able to create moree power when you don't have enough to start with? Electrons don't work that way.

ba1070
Star
Star

I was thinking more along the lines of a circuit that was an intelligent switch. Sensing say for example when one device got below 50% in power it would switch to that camera or light. The technology exists. This would be a nice accessory. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation