Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wrathchild
Guide
Guide

I’ve been an Arlo user for many years. Running Pro 2 cameras and a Ultra SmartHub base. I use an iPhone 10 to operate the app and my internet is not the issue. Everything is fully updated to whatever the most recent available updates are. 

Anyways, I disarmed my system today to do yard work. When I tried to rearm the system I noticed nothing appeared on the “Mode” tab of the app. It should allow me to arm or disarm the system. Instead I’m greeted with an empty screen. I went back to the “device” tab and it says all cameras are offline. 

I’ve rebooted, reset, etc. everything multiple times. If it’s a possible trouble shooting method, I’ve done it. Trust me. I’ve done it.  Nothing helped. All I did was waste my entire evening that I should have been spending with my family…thanks Arlo.

I redid my entire system. Set up the SmartHub and all my cameras across my property as if they were new. This worked. The “new” hub appeared in the app and each camera did as well once I synced and named them. The cameras picked up my movement and I have those recordings in my library. I turned off each camera, using the “device” tab, after I set up them up and confirmed it worked. Thinking my issue was solved, I went inside to call it a night. Once inside my home I opened the app and clicked the “mode” tab to arm all devices and was once again greeted with a blank screen…fantastic. 

I went back to the “device” tab and noticed the SmartHub device was no longer appearing on the list below my cameras. When I clicked on a camera it said it was connected to “base station”. This is not what I named my SmartHub. It’s as if app forgot my SmartHub existed in the time it took me to walk inside and made my cameras revert connection to some bogus placeholder hub name. 

Long story short, I’ve wasted hours on this stupid system and gone in a giant circle accomplishing nothing. It would be one thing if my Smarthub randomly crapped out while I was doing yard work and never worked again. But the fact that I redid the entire system, confirmed it worked, then minutes later my Hub magically disappears the moment I’m ready to turn everything on seems very suspicious. Arlo, fix this nonsense immediately. I’ve wasted enough time on this. 

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is investigating an issue with VMB4000 and VMB4500 base stations being removed when adjusting device order within Arlo account settings. 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and are working on a resolution.

For additional updates on status, please refer to status.arlo.com

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

This topic has been escalated to the development team and these reports are currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as more information becomes available.

JamesC

169 REPLIES 169
Dannybear
Master
Master

The Arlo status site says all systems are operational and core services are all good.

Problem must be at your end.

https://status.arlo.com/?start_date=2022-09-18

zeadlots
Guide
Guide

Danny, that is incredibly unhelpful.  We know they are saying everything is fine.  Clearly things are not fine.  My pro 2 hub disappeared overnight and I can no longer access modes on my android app as it just crashes.

There IS a problem.

Dannybear
Master
Master

I do believe it is helpful to ask the question as to why arlo bury their heads in the sand, IMHO this site should contain current information about investigations to alert their customers so they don’t waste efforts to reset, reboot, remove, re-adding equipment which only comprises their security systems further.

csbrown49
Aspirant
Aspirant

I added an Essential spotlight camera to my base today, which already supports 3 Arlo 2s. Now I can’t disarm any of the cameras - the Mode Screen is blank. Any suggestions.

Wrathchild
Guide
Guide

Sadly there is nothing we can do to fix the issue. It seems that Arlo broke their programing and many of us are stuck in the same situation with security systems that don’t work. Service has been out for days and all they’ve said to some people is they are working on it. No real official comment has been made (that I’m aware of). We’re all just sitting in the dark until they decide to fix it.  

andrewinbriz
Guide
Guide

Hello. Arlo android app can't see the hub. No issues for about 2 and a half years, but about 5 days ago the app said no hub detected. I deleted it from the app, but when I tried to add it, it couldn't be seen. I thought the hub was defective. Purchased a new hub. Same problem, the device can't be seen to add it. Does anyone have any ideas please? I've done extensive troubleshooting, and after the disgracefully bad response from Arlo chat support, I'm running out of patience and cheerfulness. Thanks. Regards, Andrew 

GlennCass
Tutor
Tutor

Same exact thing just happened to my Arlo 2 Hub.  Hub shows all green lights but has disappeared from my app along with the cameras connected to it.  This needs to get fixed!  Never had a problem like this till JUST NOW.

Wrathchild
Guide
Guide

Their customer service regarding this CF has been pathetic. I get not wanting to sound all the alarms when only a portion of the user base is affected, but sticking their head in the sand as you said is the absolute worst possible approach. At the very least they could send an email to smarthub users or post something apologizing. Not that an apology will protect my property, but it at least shows some common decency and would let customers know they’ve not been abandoned.

Dizeman
Tutor
Tutor

Windows 10,

Pro2 Arlo Cameras and appropriate Hub.

All of a sudden as of 9/17/2022 the entire DEVICES config page disappeared, there is no way to reboot the hub from within the application. 

The cameras are LIVE but are not alerting me to movement anywhere on my property. Making the cameras USELESS!

I UPDATED the application after trying for six hours to get things back to normal.

I cannot get my cameras to record, even when I push the record button on the screen for each camera.

I have rebooted the hub THREE TIMES by unplugging it and plugging it back in.

WHAT IS IT WITH THESE STREAMING CAMERA COMPANIES... THEY JUST COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT THE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE TO THOSE WHO PURCHASE THEIR PRODUCTS.

I HAVE PURCHASED OVER $1,000 worth of ARLO cameras and hub... IT HAS BEEN A FIST FIGHT FROM DAY ONE!

It is CLEARLY! CLEARLY AN ISSUE ON ARLO's END... They can't keep their servers working, but they sure beat you to death with their multi-level security logins. PAIN IN THE Azz!

andrewinbriz
Guide
Guide

Just to clarify: everything was working ok until about 5 days ago.

Solid blue light on the hub. Hub shows up as a wifi network on my phone (Oppo find X2 neo, Android version 12). But Arlo secure app can't see the hub to add it.

Using my.Arlo on my PC (Asus, windows 10)  is exactly the same thing. The hub shows up as a WiFi network, but can't see it and connect to it via my.arlo.

So the problem is: the hub is connected to the web, the hub is showing as an available wifi network, but neither the Arlo app nor my.arlo on a PC can see the hub to connect.

Monarch
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same problem only i didnt switch the order of the devices. Mine started yesterday at 4:30pm when the mode button would work & it told me there was a bug with the app. I contacted customer support through the app, because of course you cant talk to anyone anymore, and they told me to uninstall & reinstall the app. All that got me was no base station & the pro 2's undetectible. Then the app couldnt find the base station until i pushed the reset button which lost every camera. I then synced most of the cameras & it was working until i exited the app & the same thing happened again when i went back into app later and still occurring this morning. All lights are lit up on the base station. # Arlo Secure App bug # loss of base station # arlo pro 2

JasonCCC
Star
Star

Same issue as

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/SmartHub-disappeared-from-Arlo-app/m-p/1878485/highlight/fa...

effecting lots of users. Basically making system useless.  

Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Recently my arlo app has started to crash when i tap on "mode" to arm or disarm cameras. As soon as i press the "mode" tap the app crashes and closes. Is there an update soon to fix this?

Works fine on apple devices with my log in.

patriot64
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am starting to have concerns with Arlo overall. Today after waiting days to hear something back from Arlo they email me and give me instructions on how to fix something that I have never had issues or ever reported. They started going on about Arlo go cameras not working. What ???? No not ever in the ballpark what the issue is or what I reported. 

JasonCCC
Star
Star
JasonCCC
Star
Star

So based on some other users with this problem and my own experience I have a theory on what action "breaks" your account and you lose your hubs.

I am going to test this today, but I think it is the action of reordering your devices.

I will reset a few hubs and re-add the cameras (in reverse of the order I want them in) and test this theory. 

Please confirm if all those who are experiencing lost hub recently changed device order using app or web. (I used app).

mtnhrdgr2
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issues started on Sunday morning. I noticed that the cameras on the App had the swirling circle. I have tried the following but to no avail: power cycled my internet router, power cycle the arlo hub, uninstalled all cameras, reset the arlo hub, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, logged on on the laptop...nothing has worked.

Logging in through the laptop, when I click on the "view cameras" link, it takes me to the log-in page even though I am already logged on. On my phone app, I click on the "mode" button and it shuts down the entire app.

This app is installed on 4 different phones (my family): two Samsung S9+, one Samsung S20, one Google pixel 6. The app is no longer working on any of these devices. From the posts above, it sounds like the issue is affecting IOS devices also.

patriot64
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done everything you mentioned and having all the same issues including the mode issue. We have it on iphone and Android phones. The android it shuts down the iPhone it just goes black when you click mode. My issues are exactly the same except your issue with the login in front the laptop it will take me to the cameras but they still don't work. However if I try to login to the dashboard from my cell phone internet browser is acts like what you are talking about. 

diigi_eye
Tutor
Tutor

I cannot see anything in MODE or  system does not show recordings.   I had just updated my subscription.

zeadlots
Guide
Guide

I had to factory reset my ultra hub and re-add everything, when I was done I did reorder the cameras (on the ultra hub)  I didn't touch my pro 2 hub or camera order.  As many of you users know I have to attach my pro 2 cameras to the pro 2 hub in order to keep my free 7 day cloud storage.  Everything was still working fine until I checked it the next day and the pro 2 hub was gone.  The cameras show up on my devices page but it's saying they are offline.  This makes sense since there is no hub.

Long story short, I did re-order some cameras after a factory reset.

diigi_eye
Tutor
Tutor

Paid upgraded my subscription.   ARLO secure plus But is not recording   Or nothing showing when clicking on MODE.   what may be the issue/s to correct ?

tottiata
Tutor
Tutor

I have apple (ios) mobile app (version 3.6.8) and pro 2 cameras and Base station (with latest framework). 2 days ago in the mobile app + webapp:

- In "Mode" menu is empty (mobile app + web app).

- In "Settings" menu - Device Settings/My devices list is empty (mobile app + web app).

- In "Settings" menu - Shared devices list is empty (mobile app + web app).

- In "Devices" menu the cameras are visible  (mobile app + web app).

I have already done the factory reset and the installation of the cameras. The mobile app was also deleted and installed. What's the problem?

Thx, Attila

Solosheep
Guide
Guide

I have noticed that over the last few days that my “base station” no longer appears under my devices. I can still connect to the cameras all the green lights are on but it won’t record as there is no “mode” for the cameras.

I have done two full manufacturing resets. Each time I get the devices back and setup  and working as expected. However then within 15 mins the base station disappears from the app and the cameras to set with greyed out Motion control and sound control. 

my Arlo baby and Arlo Q are working as they connect direct to the internet. It’s the ones that connect to the base station that now won’t record.

I don’t know what else to do as two factory re-sets work but not for long.

5120EB8C-E695-4812-B810-992874D31AF7.jpeg

CF2FD467-F7FE-4D47-96B9-06D4CB47624B.jpeg

tottiata
Tutor
Tutor

I did the same, I'm waiting for a solution.

Solosheep
Guide
Guide

Where are you based? I’m in the UK  It’s very odd that it connects after reset then fails? Can only thus think it’s a fault at Arlo server end?